What's new

Marketing IBA

Dayead

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I’m new to the forum and excited to be a part of the community here. I’m starting with a request for some advice/recommendations.

I own a self serve car wash with 4 self serve bays, 8 vacuums (some combo) and 1 in bay automatic.

The wash has been very consistently profitable almost to a fault. I recently installed a new friction IBA courtesy of Jim Coleman with a wash select II pay station. Overall I’m very happy with the machine and at this point I’m looking for marketing ideas that anyone has used to success.

Last year we did about 13,000 cars through the automatic for a gross of about 104,000. I’ve read some owners are getting 15-17,000 a year and I’m curious if anyone has any advice here?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Marketing is the same for all categories of carwash. What is the goal and objective?

“I’ve read some owners are getting 15-17,000 a year….”

4,000 more cars mean capturing greater market share. Market share is a function of customer attraction and customer loyalty.

Experience shows shopper’s choice is a function of distance from destination and relative attractiveness of stores (brick and mortar and virtual).

For example, improving curb appeal by enhancing brand and image, visibility, implemented services, etc. has shown to increase capture rate.

Whereas getting existing customers to visit more frequently and/or spend more per visit is linked to service quality and customer satisfaction.

So, there are different paths to get 4,000 more cars.

For example, consider millennials which are potentially 33 percent of in-bay customer base.

If there is no website, phone app, social media, there is practically no way to communicate to attract them.

Hope this helps.

chaz

Reaction score
Best marketing I’ve found....free...but totally out of my control. A warm up, dry streets and a bit of sun after a snow fall. Actually after this weekend....not sure how important the warm up is. My IBA (understandably) was non stop, my s/s was very busy too with single digits temps and a decent wind chill.