What's new

Marketing for Self Serve and IBA

Keno

Reaction score
What is everyone doing for marketing for your washes? We are looking to spend some $ on marketing this year for both SS and IBA. What have you found to be most effective? We currently have nothing in place, just our Google business page, so blank slate. Any good car wash specific marketing company? Thanks

traveler17

Reaction score
I only advertise at dual IB higher volume site, I have one in a 5k population town so really no need as it’s just myself and a competing wash a mile or so away. Im
Frequently there so locals know any issues I’m easy to get a hold of. Busy site i advertise through the high school football, basketball games etc… sponsor baseball , softball games. local radio station announces wash at festivals parades etc.. Knock on wood tunnel opened 2 weeks ago 2 miles away on the road behind me. So far I haven’t felt any pressure. Very pro “support local” town so praying it keeps it up this way. Very unnerving waiting to see if it’s gonna hit me. When I saw the sign of them coming I really started pushing name even though I was pretty much only game in town.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Best advertising for the buck is location,location. 2nd best is high and large poll sign 3rd is free car wash promotion day, have car wash attended as much as possible, jmo.

Keno

Reaction score
Best advertising for the buck is location,location. 2nd best is high and large poll sign 3rd is free car wash promotion day, have car wash attended as much as possible, jmo.
Check on 1 and 2. 3 we haven't ever tried. May try it. We are only attended basically 1 hour a day at all our locations, hard to justify payroll to keep attendant all day.

JLanman

Reaction score
Hey Keno,

We have some options that might interest you. Hit me up if you would like to learn more. Our options tie in with our system.

Otherwise I have heard Mel and Mike Ohlinger offer some cool options

Some suggestions:
- Frequent post on your FB page to grow your followers (3xper week)
- Once you have 30 days of 3x per week posts, run local FB ads to gain followers
- If you have a website with offers (online purchase options), run local FB ads to those links
- Run events at the wash to draw in local folks and post (per above) the pics and comments from the event
- Run a Promo to get new customers in (using the above options). Be sure you have a way to capture customer contact info so you can market to them later.

Not an exhaustive list, but might help.

Reaction score
Definitely give away as many free washes as possible to charities, fundraisers, school sports teams etc. We often give gift cards to silent auctions or giveaways in our community, because every new face is a new possible customer.

When it comes to fundraising for schools and sports teams, we sell gift cards worth $20 to the students for $10, and allow them to go and resell them to parents and the community for the whole $20 price. This allows them to make $10 per gift card sold, covers our water, power, and chemical, and again gets new faces to come through our wash.

We also pay one of our employees an extra 2-3 hours per week to post on facebook and instagram, and to engage with other local business' on social media. I follow all of our pages to make sure that the posts are consistent and appropriate, and to comment on the posts that they put together to boost engagement. (The more comments and likes, the more people get shown the post.)

sjb

Reaction score
Less than 2 years ago we launched our 2 self service dog washes…

We work with local schools and charities to expose and promote…

Stickers go everywhere….!

Attachments

ShinePro

Reaction score
SPEND MARKETING $$

get your wash to preform at its best!!!!!

SPEND TIME AT WASH TALKING TO CUSTOMERS!!!

Word of mouth and really clean shiny cars is worth more than any fb, social media, advertising $ you can spend.

In the ss bays you are selling time and water. Plaster their car with soap - make them say wow!

No web site- no fb -no advertising
And I m as busy as my sites can comfortably handle the flow!

7 years ago I could not say that