What's new

Mark VII PreSoak Pump (off board)

Shane

Reaction score
I have a Mark VII GTO-300 with the off board Pre-Soak Pump (which runs constantly to keep the Presoak heated). The ARO pump (PD05P-ARS-PAA-B) has been replaced once already and the latest one (less than 6 months of use) is going out again.
http://www.aropumpsonline.com/larger/12NonMetallic.html
I have read that there are better options than the ARO pump. Based on feedback/investigation from the forum it seems like the FloJet G57 Double Pump would be a better choice. It is also $200 (for Viton) from KleenRite vs. $490 (ARO Pump) from Mark VII. It looks like a fairly straight forward swap. The FloJet can be mounted laying flat or up and down. I could easily mount the FloJet laying flat on the bracket that the ARO pump is on currently.
Have any of you done a similar swap for your Presoak Pumps? Are there any pitfalls to consider? Do you find Viton to be better suited for the heated Presoak than the Santoprene?
Thanks (as always) for your input.

MEP001

Reaction score
There were a few posts a while back about FloJet issues, but up until that point in time they were the best thing out there in terms of reliability vs cost. I haven't seen any posts in about a year, so maybe they've solved the issue. As far as using them myself, we have six in service, four that have been completely problem free for over five years and two that have been replaced once that were Santoprene where Viton should have been used. The Viton replacements have been in service for four years. All pumps are continuously pressurized and "dead-head" against the solenoids.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I Have 2 GTO 300 they were the first ones out. I have replaced the presoak pumps to the newer style aro. Have had really good luck with them. If your pump is only six months old maybe it is warrantied. How high is incoming pressure should be around 80-90psi.When cycling for hot presoak it should cycle about every 5 seconds. What do you mean by going out ? what is it doing? Good luck Bill
I have a Mark VII GTO-300 with the off board Pre-Soak Pump (which runs constantly to keep the Presoak heated). The ARO pump (PD05P-ARS-PAA-B) has been replaced once already and the latest one (less than 6 months of use) is going out again.
http://www.aropumpsonline.com/larger/12NonMetallic.html
I have read that there are better options than the ARO pump. Based on feedback/investigation from the forum it seems like the FloJet G57 Double Pump would be a better choice. It is also $200 (for Viton) from KleenRite vs. $490 (ARO Pump) from Mark VII. It looks like a fairly straight forward swap. The FloJet can be mounted laying flat or up and down. I could easily mount the FloJet laying flat on the bracket that the ARO pump is on currently.
Have any of you done a similar swap for your Presoak Pumps? Are there any pitfalls to consider? Do you find Viton to be better suited for the heated Presoak than the Santoprene?
Thanks (as always) for your input.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
We have Mk VII 300 with on board Yamada. No problems to date.

Shane

Reaction score
Bill, Thanks for the feedback. By going out I meant, the white end cap is starting to leak under the red ARO logo. Our last AR0 Pump lasted 9 months before it started to leak the same way (which was the original ARO pump when the machine was new June '08). Basically the end cap is starting to crack and I have a short time to either replace it with another ARO or find a different solution. The first replacement was done under warranty. This one is not being covered under warranty so I am trying to figure out what a better option might be. I am not really excited about spending $490 on another ARO pump that one would expect to do the same thing.

Ted, is the on board pump electric or air?

Thanks!

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
After replacing my Orberdorfer pumps more times than I care to remember on my GT 500, I finally took the whole system out and put in the FloJet G57 pump about 2 years ago. Only problem I have is the exhaust port on the FloJet has a tendency to ice up when we are busy and the outside air temp is around 25. I would say the FloJet give as good of coverage as the Orberdorfer and at about 1/3 the cost.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Well I guess I spoke to soon. Mine just cracked. You can order the ends for about $30 from Grainger Parts.
Bill, Thanks for the feedback. By going out I meant, the white end cap is starting to leak under the red ARO logo. Our last AR0 Pump lasted 9 months before it started to leak the same way (which was the original ARO pump when the machine was new June '08). Basically the end cap is starting to crack and I have a short time to either replace it with another ARO or find a different solution. The first replacement was done under warranty. This one is not being covered under warranty so I am trying to figure out what a better option might be. I am not really excited about spending $490 on another ARO pump that one would expect to do the same thing.

Ted, is the on board pump electric or air?

Thanks!

Shane

Reaction score
Well I guess I spoke to soon. Mine just cracked. You can order the ends for about $30 from Grainger Parts.
I think that's a good idea. I may buy a couple ends and repair the ARO pump that I have. $30 is better than $490 for a new one.
- Bill, did you rebuild your pump with the new end cap? How is it working now?

:) ** As an update, I have had the G57 double pump in for about two weeks now and everything seems to be working well. The only concern now that I have is the water temp running through it. According to FloJet I am running about 20 degrees over the recommneded temp for for the G57. I guess we'll see how long thing one holds on.

The only real trouble I had was getting it primed the first time. I mounted it like shown in the picture. One side of the pump primed right away the other side would not prime. I left the hoses connected and held it in the upright position (more like a wall mount) and then the other pump primed. I then put in back on it's side and it hasn't had any trouble since then.

Thanks for the input!

Shane