What's new

Mark VII Owners

Shorco1

Reaction score
At one of my locations I have a Mark VII GTO 300 with Hub Scrub. The Error Code is 600, wash signal received when not at home. It is a nuisance error code that needs a reset to get the wash back in operation. I have stand alone dryers which add to the problem of this error code. On the top washes the grantry stops at the rear of the car and the dryer is a activated while the gantry is traveling to the home position. The car in position exits for the dryer and the over zealous car waiting enters the wash and activates the undercarriage which sends a signal before the gantry is home. Hence the 600 error code and a shut down. The next two customers that buy a wash will not get the wash and they've lost their money. With the 300 GTO I am limited on programing unless Mark VII can reprogram the chip to give me more latitude in options. Are there any Mark VII owners that have this situation and have been successful in eliminating it?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Cap'n Ken, I agree that the wash not at home issue needs to be corrected. I know that occasionally the wash may not be at home for one reason or another. When the wash loads and the gantry walks home it should start if the car is on the treadle, but it doesn't because the sequence of UC then treadle is not correct. Having the wash end at the back of the car is just asking for this issue to happen over and over. The machine should never have been designed so that the wash can end at the back. I don't care how many signs there are telling the customer to wait, we know that don't work. Compounding this issue is when the first person that lost their money leaves with the wash still loaded the wash stays there forever. When the next customer buys a wash they immediately get "car wash in use - please wait" but the bay is empty. The wash is now down until we get there to reset it, which may be hours or even overnight. Been there, done that.

A couple of years ago we chased a problem for months that would cause the wash stop mid-bay. Many, many, service calls were made by my distrubutor (most @ no charge) in an attempt to correct this problem, most to no avail, but it was finally fixed. In the meantime I had them install a PLC to monitor washes loaded. If a wash was loaded and not used within 15 minutes the the machine would reset and then after 3 seconds reset a second time to clear a wash that may have been stacked. This has saved me several trips to this wash (30 miles each way) just to push a button. I don't think it was very expensive and he installed it in about an hour. This should be in the Mark VII software IMO and maybe it is by now.

BTW, I don't have any washes that end at the back of the car and get this issue once in a while.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Pat, we don't have any takers. Perhaps your man would be so kind and submit his plans unless they are proprietary. Would he be willing to sell the setup?

Sabertooth

Reaction score
Ken,

After reading about your issue, I had to go check this out on one of my GTO's. I could not get the machine to "fatal" error with the 600 error code. Do you have another error in the CMI that could have caused this? I confirmed that the gantry goes home without error if the customer leaves after the dryers start and the gantry is going home. There is NO error generated.
There are no settings on the CMI for this, it is not an option, it is always on.

What I did confirm is that if you get a 600 error, gantry not at home, you will lose that wash with a Hamilton coinbox. I'm running software version GT803.07.

In the CMI, do you have auto travel and home on failure set to yes?

If you have a Hamilton coinbox the environmental settings need to be set to "HAM" and the the invert wash in use signal needs to be set to "yes". This could cause an issue as well.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Ken,

After reading about your issue, I had to go check this out on one of my GTO's. I could not get the machine to "fatal" error with the 600 error code. Do you have another error in the CMI that could have caused this? I confirmed that the gantry goes home without error if the customer leaves after the dryers start and the gantry is going home. There is NO error generated.
There are no settings on the CMI for this, it is not an option, it is always on.

What I did confirm is that if you get a 600 error, gantry not at home, you will lose that wash with a Hamilton coinbox. I'm running software version GT803.07.

In the CMI, do you have auto travel and home on failure set to yes?

If you have a Hamilton coinbox the environmental settings need to be set to "HAM" and the the invert wash in use signal needs to be set to "yes". This could cause an issue as well.
The problem is when an another vehicle enters as the washed vehicle exits for the dryer prematurely as the gantry is proceeding Home. The entering vehicle trips the undercarriage wash which sends the signal to start the wash. The gantry is not in the Home position hence the 600 code. The entering vehicle does not get the wash. The Hamilton display, I believe, says Wait car wash busy. You now have a wash stacked. The next person selects and pays for a wash and cannot wash. Two washes are stacked and no one is going to get a wash until the stacked washes are cleared via the Reset Button. You do indeed have a fatal error. The CMI is set up correctly as is the Hamilton. We have the current up to date software. I think your under the opinion that if the washed vehicle leaves early before the gantry is home you will get the 600. Not so, another vehicle has to be involved.

Etowah

Sabertooth

Reaction score
The problem is when an another vehicle enters as the washed vehicle exits for the dryer prematurely as the gantry is proceeding Home. The entering vehicle trips the undercarriage wash which sends the signal to start the wash. The gantry is not in the Home position hence the 600 code. The entering vehicle does not get the wash. The Hamilton display, I believe, says Wait car wash busy. You now have a wash stacked. The next person selects and pays for a wash and cannot wash. Two washes are stacked and no one is going to get a wash until the stacked washes are cleared via the Reset Button. You do indeed have a fatal error. The CMI is set up correctly as is the Hamilton. We have the current up to date software. I think your under the opinion that if the washed vehicle leaves early before the gantry is home you will get the 600. Not so, another vehicle has to be involved.
It sounds like we still have something incorrect with the CMI or Hamilton settings.
The previous wash is not released until the gantry gets home. The cycle inhibit is not released until the gantry gets home. So it would ignore the air switch all together.
The air switch does not start the wash, the signal from the Hamilton starts the wash.
The set up on the Auto Cashier is still very suspect.
Is the next vehicle in line getting on the treadle before the wash is at home? That is one scenario that I did not try.

Shorco1

Reaction score
It sounds like we still have something incorrect with the CMI or Hamilton settings.
The previous wash is not released until the gantry gets home. The cycle inhibit is not released until the gantry gets home. So it would ignore the air switch all together.
The air switch does not start the wash, the signal from the Hamilton starts the wash.
The set up on the Auto Cashier is still very suspect.
Is the next vehicle in line getting on the treadle before the wash is at home? That is one scenario that I did not try.
From what I understand the air switch signals the gantry but does not start the wash, the treadle starts the wash. However, I believe the air switch is responsible for the 600 code. If this happens the gantry is not home. The wash finishes at the rear of the car, the drive ahead light illumines as the gantry moves toward home. The entering car interrupts this to drive ahead. The drive ahead light is meant for the departing car. When the gantry reaches home and if there is a wash stacked the drive ahead light pauses for about second then illuminates for the entering car. I believe if I had the option to add another spot free pass if the wash ends at the rear this would cure most of the 600 codes.

Shorco1

Reaction score
>>>>Is the next vehicle in line getting on the treadle before the wash is at home? That is one scenario that I did not try.>>>>

No, the gantry is home before the next cat is on the treadle.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Saber, are you Pat S? Were you and Peter J. at my wash in August for the retro? If so I have some very positive comments and would like to post them on the Forum.

Sabertooth

Reaction score
No, not Pat or Peter, but I have worked with them. They are good guys that do very good work. Post away!
Let me look into your issue a little more and get back with you. I have some good contacts that might be able to shed some light.

Shorco1

Reaction score
No, not Pat or Peter, but I have worked with them. They are good guys that do very good work. Post away!
Let me look into your issue a little more and get back with you. I have some good contacts that might be able to shed some light.
Thanks Saber. Yes, Pat and Peter are great guys. I'm taking my family out for for something to eat. I'll post later this evening.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Saber,

Pat and Peter did a reto on my GTO 300 in Aug 08. They installed forced hot air heaters in the gantry, completely re wired, installed heat tape everywhere, insulated all gantry plumbing, installed an insulated boom shroud, installed devices to keep the hot air in the gantry. My GTO was the #1 Beta Test unit off the assembly line. We had our problems at first but MarK VII Denver provided great support and help through out. With the new retro we have no need to weep or blow down. It runs as if it were at hot day in Miami. We don't have doors nor plan to install them. Pat and Peter did a great job in the retro and we had minimal down time. My sincere thanks to Pat, Peter, Ed and Mark VII Denver.

Sabertooth

Reaction score
The coinbox should hold the wash start signal till the unit is home. If it does not, then something is very wrong.
Try your scenario washing/stacking while running the wash dry (run without main pump and dryer in the CMI test mode) and watch the lights for the cycle inhibit (Y33) and wash start (X14, 15, 16 or 17). Check for when the wash is releasing to the machine.
If the CMI is set up for cycles complete and Hamilton coinbox, it is possible that there is a setting in the Hamilton that is not holding the wash. Make sure that the Hamilton is set up for cycles complete as well. Do you have a Goldline, ACW-4, ACW-5? You can look in the manual for settings that could be incorrect and releasing the wash early.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I am always amazed at what a great bunch of associates there are on this Forum. Where the crap could you ever get the help, encouragement, and support that members give here. Honestly, in most industries the competition will not even let you look at their secret whatever. I am more than impressed and have been for 10 or 12 years--the help never stops coming.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Saber, thanks very much. I'll check everthing to make sure the settings are correct. I have an ACW 5. I'll get back to you.

eagle1

Reaction score
Ken,

I think Sabertooth's assessment is pretty much spot on.
The only things I'd add is to make sure that in addition to your coinbox mode in the CMI environmental settings being set to "Hamilton", make sure that the "Invert Wash In Use Signal" is set to yes AND that the active/passive switch in the ACW is set to the "Active" position.

Also, just for the sake of edification, the 6-0-0 error is created by the arming signal from the ACW arriving at the plc when the exit travel limit (home switch) is not made.

Don't forget, as Sabertooth suggested, to verify that Autotravel and Home on Failure are both set to yes in the CMI.

One more thing to remember about the 6-0-0 errors... Your current problem aside, If ever you find yourself without an explanation as to why the machine didn't arrive at home after the previous wash, check the previous 2 errors in the error history for a fatal error such as C-0-0 or a boom error followed by a treadle error. If home on error and autotravel are set in the CMI, the machine should always go home, if it can, following an error. Failing that, it should travel home in the midst of the 6-0-0 error and then recover the wash if the cycle inhibit is set up correctly, assuming it wasn't stranded by a fatal error.

Pat H's problem that we worked around with a smart relay, I believe had more to do with the fact that he had a beta machine with a beta program. I think that his was the beta hub scrub machine.

Sorry if I've repeated anything that's already been said. I just quickly scanned this thread after talking with Pat yesterday and may have missed something.

feel free to contact me directly via email if you'd like to walk through the settings over the phone while you're standing at the machine(s)

BA

WizardManiac

Reaction score
New owning MARK VII

Does anybody know where I can get User Manual for G300 Mark VII,in bay automatic?