What's new

Mark VII Aquajet Help

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I am hoping to tap into the knowledge of some Mark VII techs / owners. I am helping out a customer who bought a used Aquajet Merchandiser which was factory refurbished about 5 years ago.

Some History:
Customer removed machine from a car dealership, and installed it himself into new bay at his wash. I supplied auto cashier, and offered as much help as possible.

With some effort I was able to reconnect necessary wiring - Customer didn't really mark the wires very well and install manual was a little vague.

I know that the exit end limit switch is faulty, and sending a signal all the time. By disconnecting I was able to go though the self testing for the motor pump unit, and the machine movement using the test function and reset button / treadle - With the switch connected the movement test doesn't work (Thinks its at home all the time) - I will be replacing the switch in a day or so, but I have re-connected it so machine thinks it is home.

The issue I am having is that when I load a wash, the display for remaining cycles works correctly as do the signs above the gantry for wash options - But when a vehicle parks on the treadle the signage still says drive forward, and the wash never starts moving. I know the treadle works because the input light responds correctly, and the movement test works. I believe dip switches for the wash packages are set correctly, but I only tried one wash package.

I am hoping for a little insight into what I should be looking for, and some troubleshooting help. Thanks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The undercarriage on eye/air switch must trip before the wash will start. Regardless of whether the particular wash includes UC, the switch must trip and then the treadle switch. If it doesn't happen in that sequence the wash won't start.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help IB

This machine did not have the UC option, so I don't believe there was a photo eye or air switch at the entrance (From what my customer tells me)

The wash did use push buttons for the entry, is it possible they piggybacked a contact on the switch to emulate the UC eye/switch?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Hmmm, I dunno??? All I know is that none of my machines will start without first having a UC input regardless of whether the selected wash includes it or not. It would be pretty simple to create a momentary input before the car reaches the treadle just to see if that is the issue.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
My auto cashier will allow me to use its extra output as a momentary signal after arming the wash - I will probably try this first and see what happens, otherwise a set of photo eyes or an air switch should do the trick. Again, thanks for your help.