What's new

Mark VII AquaJet GT-700

OntheBlvd

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where to start to fix prob. after presoak cycle wash shut down and reset. Ran unit again unit started but did not dispense presoak solution after that cycle the unit went into wash cylcle but did not dispense any water. Ran cylces in test mode and they work fine.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think that while you were testing functions with the CMI you accidently put the wash in the "run wash without pump" mode (or some similar sounding description). I did that once and was really scratching my head and a$$ before I figured out what I had done. I've got two 6 yr. old GT-700s and I have never seen a "dry run" other than that time.

BTW, what codes were flashing in the "cycles remaining" window on your original problem?

OntheBlvd

Reaction score
Thanks, that could very well be possible it's hard to see the display on the CMI without a light not to mention being frustrated. However still need to know what causing it to shut down after the presoak cycle. I will check the the setting tomorrow did not have enough time to play with it today. Would love to get rid of this thing constantly in need of repairs but I must admit the previous owner did very little in terms of maintenance.

Last edited:

OntheBlvd

Reaction score
I think that while you were testing functions with the CMI you accidently put the wash in the "run wash without pump" mode (or some similar sounding description). I did that once and was really scratching my head and a$$ before I figured out what I had done. I've got two 6 yr. old GT-700s and I have never seen a "dry run" other than that time.

BTW, what codes were flashing in the "cycles remaining" window on your original problem?
I forget their were two, one regarding the presoak pump and the other I don't recall. Do you know how to use the training function? The gantry tends to move to the end of the bay on all washes instead of stoping at the end of the vehicle. At first I thought it was one of the eyes gone bad but they are working fine. A Rep told me to put in in training mode but after that didn't work he wasn't sure if he had me follow the right procedure.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Training is easy. Put the run/test switch on "test" and run the gantry to the entrance end of the track until it stops. Put the switch in "run", hold in the "reset" button until the horn blows and release the button. The gantry should walk to the exit end and stop on it's own. The gantry is then trained. You gotta get the flashing codes the next time it fails. You're just shooting in the dark not knowing what the failure code is. Go into the "data menu", I think the last ten errors are stored there. I think you have more than one issue. The pre-soak stopping and the gantry running end-to-end sound like two different problems.

OntheBlvd

Reaction score
Training is easy. Put the run/test switch on "test" and run the gantry to the entrance end of the track until it stops. Put the switch in "run", hold in the "reset" button until the horn blows and release the button. The gantry should walk to the exit end and stop on it's own. The gantry is then trained. You gotta get the flashing codes the next time it fails. You're just shooting in the dark not knowing what the failure code is. Go into the "data menu", I think the last ten errors are stored there. I think you have more than one issue. The pre-soak stopping and the gantry running end-to-end sound like two different problems.
I agree, I will check the codes tomorrow. As far as training, after running the Gantry to the entrance end of the track the horn starts to sound automaticly I was told it would stop after ten honks and the gantry would return by itself. But it would continue to honk. so I was told to stop it after ten honks by puting it in run mode and to wait 2 min and then hit the reset button but that don't work.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
After the ten honks put the switch in "run" mode and HOLD the reset button until the horn honks. After the honk, release the button and the gantry will walk back to the other end, honking all the way.

OntheBlvd

Reaction score
After the ten honks put the switch in "run" mode and HOLD the reset button until the horn honks. After the honk, release the button and the gantry will walk back to the other end, honking all the way.
Thanks Pat, somehow I did shut the pumps for the presoak off but I still did not find out what caused the initial shutdown. Do you have an e-mail or a means by which I can contact you if possible. Would like to ask you more questions about this particular unit. I have tried to talk to the manufacturer but they always want me to call the one rep that is in my area. That translates into service call @ $80 per hr + mileage.