What's new

Mark V11 ChoiceWash XT

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I am thinking of putting in a Mark V11 ChoiceWash XT at my self serve wash.
I am looking for any pro's or con's about the machine.
I only like to spend minimal time at my wash and am looking for a user friendly automatic that does not have to be baby-sat. I plan on converting one of my single bays to the automatic...the bay size is 28' x 14'.....I hope its not too narrow, the specks ask for a minimum bay width of 178" and the length I can add a few feet on front and rear if I have to.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I have 2 of these machines. My bays are 16 ft wide by 50 ft long. I measured the machine and as it sets in the bay with the energy chain along side of it It is setting at 14'3". It could be narrowed up a bit if you make the energychain a little bit closer to the machine. Another possibility is to put the energy chain above the machine. Not sure it is possible but I have it that way on a GTO 300 where the clearance on the side of the machine is about a inch. Also need at least 35-37ft for machine to be able to wash the longest cars. Mine I have Standalone Dryers which work pretty good. If you have dryers on board, will slow it up.
Pros.
Actually cleans really good.
I Like having the option of touch or touchless.
If they have any updates out for the machine it is all done on a computer SD card. So all you do is take out the sd card and add the new updates from a email.
Would I buy another one of these? Yes.
Actually has been pretty trouble free. Not to say it hasn't had a few problems.
Can be configured to ad just about any function in any pass.
Cons.
Kinda slow but I think that is going to be the case with any of them when you add alot of options. More passes = more time.
If they work on the programming abit I think they could speed it up just by changing how it acts when it gets to the ends of the cars. By over lappings some things. Like when done with presoak, turn on High pressure water sooner to get rid of delay.
We usa a pretty agressive chemical on the low PH and had a few problems with fittings and check valves going bad.
dosing pumps work good but how the soup lines attach from the drums kept falling off. There is a easy fix though.
Screen on automatic is a bit over rated. not very easy to change the messages around. Sure once I figure it out it will be ok.
We change the presoak nozzle around to make it cover better when applied. Are able to speed up machine since we did this.
Have had a few little glitches to work through but again I think you would have these with any machine.

We do all our own service work. So we get to know the machines pretty good.
One other thing Standard Change Maker makes a paystation Gaurdian XP that works really good for this machine.It has 8 selections I only use 6 and cover the other 2 with a sign that says Soft touch on one side and touchless on the other. I like this better because it is staight and to the point.

I would recomend cameras just to see what is going on.

I don't think it is a good idea to leave any automatics unattended to long.

Last edited:

LuvAWash

Reaction score
Choicewash XT

I have a Choicewash and love it. I have 4 Mark 7 machines and would not buy anything else. Mark VII corporate have stood by the machine when we had some small set up issue at start up. They have been outstanding. I don't normal endorse products on forums but I feel so strongly about Mark VII new machine that I feel I should.