What's new

Manual Washdown Switch?

zepher

Reaction score
I was wondering how I could install a manual washdown switch on my pump stand.....thanks!

Rudy

Reaction score
We use a spring wound timer wired to provide a hot lead for the bay timer. A switch can be easily left on by accident.

MEP001

Reaction score
I bought a cheap box and used a spring-wound timer with a rotary switch. It was a lot cheaper than six of the timers, plus the switch provides two outputs to power the motor starter and rinse solenoid individually. That was back when we had an employee who was careless and kept leaving the wash-down switches on.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I've used momentary push button switches - can't be left on. Every push is the equivalent of one coin. For a small mess I would push it a few times. For a large mess I would push it a number of times to rack up the time.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ghetto Wash said:
I've used momentary push button switches - can't be left on. Every push is the equivalent of one coin. For a small mess I would push it a few times. For a large mess I would push it a number of times to rack up the time.
That's a good idea if you don't check your money against the timer count, or if you don't have an employee that might sell the time for cash. I had to do the rotary switch/timer because of the second problem.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a key switch mounted on the faceplate which was used for wash down. It was a large wash (8+2) so it was nice that the attendant could just be walking around and insert his key to turn on the bay for wash down rather than traverse back to the equipment room to turn the bay on. The keyed switch would only turn on the hp rinse, so the attendant couldn't "sell" much of a wash.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Took over a place with the keyed switches in the faceplate. None worked when I tool over, and the pump stand has switches which can be left on by mistake, or a dishonest attendant could leave them on and sell washes. Have the LED 7's so now I got the remote from Randy.

JustClean

Reaction score
Would Cryptopay or any other C/C system be able to handle this?
A swipe with the local wash-down card turns it on...

MEP001

Reaction score
With a prepaid card, yes. I was planning to do that with the D.A.N. but so far we haven't been able to justify setting it up. That would only be for myself; with the aforementioned employee I wouldn't trust them with it.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have a windup mechanical timer for bay wash downs, also the attendants have pass cards with our unitec wash pay system.

Also, since I have a PLC setup to control coin pulses, I wired my DVR output relays to an input on the PLC. This allows me to pulse coin switch signals remotely from a PC or my smartphone.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I have a windup mechanical timer for bay wash downs, also the attendants have pass cards with our unitec wash pay system.

Also, since I have a PLC setup to control coin pulses, I wired my DVR output relays to an input on the PLC. This allows me to pulse coin switch signals remotely from a PC or my smartphone.
Cool! I am able to "program" expired credit cards to be used for wash down or as we refer to them "in house" cards. I can then log in and see when they are used and in what bay, etc. This gives me the ability to "track" my attendants.
Like you, I can also turn on the iba, bays and other devices via web, smart phone, etc. It's almost kind of freaky when I'm 1500 miles from the wash, have someone on the phone and say no problem I'll turn that on for you:eek: