What's new

Making own coin box/safe

RAATCB

Reaction score
I'm wondering how to make a simple coin box safe. I've seen boxes where they are folded into a box shape, welded, drill a hole for the quarters to go down, and put inside concrete block.

Anyone have a diagram info?

Kevin James

Reaction score
Come on now, you’ve got to be kidding. Make your own coin box safe, it’d take a lot of time and effort to make a good looking stainless steel safe. Why not just spend a little money and buy a decent one from Kleen-Rite like SKU:CBS3000 for $285.33.

RAATCB

Reaction score
Come on now, you’ve got to be kidding. Make your own coin box safe, it’d take a lot of time and effort to make a good looking stainless steel safe. Why not just spend a little money and buy a decent one from Kleen-Rite like SKU:CBS3000 for $285.33.
I want to learn how to make my own, stronger and better.

MEP001

Reaction score
The equipment you'd need and the cost of buying only a small amount of the materials would never make it worth doing unless you were planning to mass-produce them.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I want to learn how to make my own, stronger and better.
Well, then buy one from KR, or better, someone that has one with the high security cover option like Coleman, and copy it. You'll spend several hundred dollars for the Model, probably thousands to replicate it, a few times. Or you can buy the ready made ones and if you desire, ad an improvement or two.

soapy

Reaction score
Are you looking for one for a vacuum or a wash bay. I had to make some for one wash I was building for the SS bays. I used 4 inch square tube steel embedded in a concrete stem wall. It has worked out great.

RAATCB

Reaction score
I'm looking for the vacuum and wash bays. At my wash they both look the same. Does anyone have a design?