What's new

Maintenance on a Mark VII touchless

Keno

Reaction score
What kind of maintenance can I do to make this older touchless perform better? I’m fairly certain the previous owners only fixed breakdowns and never did maintenance. Some of the applicators for the triple foam seem to be clogged for sure, the vfd broke and was put in full power at all times - whatever that means, and injectors may need maintenance and adjustments. Any help or starting point appreciated.

I would like to get it working right, add a top ceramic package, and raise prices. I don’t think the prices have changed in about a decade. $6, $8, $10, $12 are the prices now. Only touchless in town

Kevin James

Reaction score
I see a huge money pit. I think I'd look into replacing it.

Keno

Reaction score
I see a huge money pit. I think I'd look into replacing it.
I would agree with you, unfortunately replacing not in the budget for the near future. So would like to at least do what I can to get it running better until replacing. I’m sure there are a lot of small, easy maintenance items that will make it run better until we can replace. I just don’t know where to start

MEP001

Reaction score
I suggest targeting specific things that are wrong that preventing it from cleaning properly. That's more repair than maintenance IMO. Start with whatever looks easiest or will make the biggest improvement.

Keno

Reaction score
I suggest targeting specific things that are wrong that preventing it from cleaning properly. That's more repair than maintenance IMO. Start with whatever looks easiest or will make the biggest improvement.
Will try this route, there are a few nozzles that I know need cleaning, replacing, and adjusting.

Just trying to see if there are items I should check that aren't visible or noticed easily for a novice

washnshine

Reaction score
Will try this route, there are a few nozzles that I know need cleaning, replacing, and adjusting.

Just trying to see if there are items I should check that aren't visible or noticed easily for a novice
Basically, a touchless wash needs to apply cleaning agents (presoaks) at the proper dilution, temperature and quality of water, with thorough and complete coverage to the car. It then needs to supply the proper pressure and impact of high pressure water to thoroughly break soils free and rinse them off the finish. Polishes, waxes and sealants are important for a quality enhanced finish, extra revenue and proper drying and have to be able to delivered effectively to the car.

Anything that inhibits or prevents your machine from performing any of the above functions needs to be addressed first. Some problems may be able to be addressed in the bay or on the machine - others may require work in your equipment room.

Last edited:

Keno

Reaction score
Basically, a touchless wash needs to apply cleaning agents (presoaks) at the proper dilution, temperature and quality of water, with thorough and complete coverage to the car. It then needs to supply the proper pressure and impact of high pressure water to thoroughly break soils free and rinse them off the finish. Polishes, waxes and sealants are important for a quality enhanced finish, extra revenue and proper drying and have to be able to delivered effectively to the car.

Anything that inhibits or prevents your machine from performing any of the above functions needs to be addressed first. Some problems may be able to be addressed in the bay or on the machine - others may require work in your equipment room.
Thanks, I will get the machine working as well as I can before messing with chemicals. Will get a chemical supplier in once fixed, I am using the previous owners chemical setup for now.

The nearest mark vii distributor is a 3 hour drive one way and they charge for driving time both ways for repairs, so not really worth it for small maintenance tasks. Does anyone know if mark vii has a service or owners manual available?

Doug P.

Reaction score
Brian Landon at Landons Car Wash is an excellent resource for parts and advice for Mark7 automatics. We have worked with him for 15 plus years to keep our Mark 7 automatics going.

Doug P

Keno

Reaction score
Brian Landon at Landons Car Wash is an excellent resource for parts and advice for Mark7 automatics. We have worked with him for 15 plus years to keep our Mark 7 automatics going.

Doug P
Thank you for the resource, will connect with him.

mac

Reaction score
If you don’t have hands on experience working on these, don’t do it. Hire the factory tech and be his shadow. Ask for references.

Keno

Reaction score
What model machine u have.?
Will have to check on this, it's in my notes somewhere, can't remember off the top of my head.
If you don’t have hands on experience working on these, don’t do it. Hire the factory tech and be his shadow. Ask for references.
Is there something complex about them or difficult to dial in? Asking for real, not being a smart-ass. They seem like a specialized industrial automation machine to me, I have worked on other industrial machines

mac

Reaction score
Nothing special about them as they are about the same level of complexity as most out there. Compared to modern automated machines they are quite crude. For example one of the first machines had a phone booth size enclosure with a steering wheel that the operator used to drive it around the car. There have been recent developments in the chemistry of cleaning that work very well and eliminate most all mechanical parts.

Keno

Reaction score
What model machine u have.?
It's a 2017 mark vii touch less, couldn't find the model anywhere, just the year. I thought it was older than that, but was confusing with our other site. That one is a 2005 mark vii touch less that doesn't work currently.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Nothing special about them as they are about the same level of complexity as most out there. Compared to modern automated machines they are quite crude. For example one of the first machines had a phone booth size enclosure with a steering wheel that the operator used to drive it around the car. There have been recent developments in the chemistry of cleaning that work very well and eliminate most all mechanical parts.
Brite o Matic still makes that type of system www.briteomatic.com

Last edited: