What's new

Magnetic Lock on Equipment Room

fastlx

Reaction score
Opinions please... Right now we just have a dead bolt lock on the door, crime isn't really bad in my area and its been like this for years. What are your opinions on a magnetic lock system? and leaving the dead bolt disabled. This way if needed I could remote unlock the door for a friend or repair tech and not have to deal with a key?

Thanks for everyone's input.

Roz

Reaction score
You can change to a wifi enabled deadbolt. Makes it easier to allow chemical deliveries or workers to come & go when you are not there and you can have a time stamp & record of the people who enter your place. Schlage as well as others make a nice system.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I have on the outside of the door a 5” long 1/4” x 4” wide solid thick stainless steel bar bolted through the door that covers the outside dead bolt that is bolted on the inside of the door in the equipment room.
Been doing that at my washes since the 70’s.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thanks. But I'm just looking for a better way to allow remote access inside the equipment room. Without having keys floating all around. I think the wifi enabled dead bolt is the best option. Roz I assume it has a keypad also? Or do you recommend one without.

Thanks,

Vic

slash007

Reaction score
I've always debated a keypad to get in the ER to allow for remote access, but the problem is you would have to do both the handle and deadbolt separately and that would complicate things. I also worry about people looking over the shoulder of my attendant while he puts in the code to get in. Has happened with his wash code a few times over the years.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I hope you have a WiFi system that never goes out.
At our washes this happens periodically.

slash007

Reaction score
These locks still use keys, so the wifi is just for convenience and the lock would still function normally without wifi.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
These locks still use keys, so the wifi is just for convenience and the lock would still function normally without wifi.
Not wanting to change the subject ... but "key ability in general" backup is also a good idea for battery operated & "voltage power outage" lock situations.