What's new

Magic Wand users

Etowah

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
How are your washes set up? What chemicals do you use? Do you use two different pre soak chemicals? Do you have Spot free rinse? Anyone add dryers and how did you wire them in?

washnshine

Reaction score
How are your washes set up? What chemicals do you use? Do you use two different pre soak chemicals? Do you have Spot free rinse? Anyone add dryers and how did you wire them in?
Nuphoenix,

I don’t have a magic wand - there may not be many forum members with those machines, but maybe I can answer a couple of your questions in general terms for all touch free washes.

Most operators I know with inverted L machines have two passes of presoak - either two passes of the same hi pH presoak, or 1 pass of a low pH (acidic) and one pass of a high pH (basic). Lots of brands out there and different chemicals will work differently in different regions/soil conditions. You will have to experiment. I know we talked about getting some help with that in another thread you posted in. But Kleen Rite has several lines that they carry and there is a guy there by the name of Doug who is very helpful and knowledgeable about the chemicals they carry. At least I think he still works there -have not spoken to him in a while.

Spot free - yes use it! People expect it these days. Tunnels use it, self serves use it and if you have a package on your menu that does not include a drying option, the car will not look good when it does dry. Even if you do have blowers, the car will look much better after a spot free rinse (sfr). There are always some water drops left and if it was a spot free rinse, they will not leave the unsightly water spots.