What's new

Magic Wand CWS not counting down

Green_As_a_Gourd

Reaction score
Hello all and I very much apologize if this has been covered but I could not find the topic. I am extremely new to the game. I had an issue today at my self serve where the timer was stuck at 40:05 and would not count down so it was free washes for a while and would have led to a lot of waste. I guess I didn't get the complete model number off of the timer but it was labeled Magic Wand CWS followed by a serial number ending in 14. I cycled power and it came back to life after another 10 minute timer. Tested it a few times and it is working for now. I saw several comments about replacing these with another brand which I am probably going to pursue in the near future. Is this type of failure typical or is there something that can cause this etc.? Any help would be extremely appreciated; like I said I very new to all of this. Thanks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but if the timer is black, it's probably a TimeMaster. I haven't had much experience with them, but I do have one 3 bay wash that had them installed originally. I don't remember having your specific problem, but I do remember that I had issues with a couple of them shortly after buying the wash. I replaced them with Dixmor LED-6 and don't think I've had a failure since. They are a direct plug-n-play swap.

mac

Reaction score
I believe those have small battery inside them. If correct it's a small round one. When they die the timers can do strange things. You should be able to replace it, and if so, do the others also.

Green_As_a_Gourd

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I went back and looked and I missed the TM-6 as the part number. I appreciate the help.

Randy

Reaction score
I have to agree with I.B Washincars, replace the TM6 timers with the Dixmor LED-6 timers, they are a much better timer