What's new

Magic wand car wash history and first brush system

Reaction score
Does anyone Know when Magic wand started and their first brush system.

I contacted the new Owner Istobal, who advised everyone left and could not help me further.

I think they went bust before Istobal took them over

mac

Reaction score
One of the original people there is Jessie Honnicut. I saw him at the last show selling for Autec. They should have a number for him. While Magic Wand didn't go belly up before they sold, they were on life support.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
There are still a few of the old Magic Wand employees working at Istobal's plant. You might be able to talk to them if you went there but I doubt they would get them to talk to you on the phone. I don't think they are too keen on being identified with Magic Wand.

Reaction score
Oh thanks that would be cool, or better still an e-mail address, I find American systems are individual but In Britain many systems are similar because the choice is far less than it was years ago

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“…..thinks IStobal does not want to be identified with Magic Wand….”

Maybe former employees just don’t want to talk about the bad experience – plant closure, loss of people’s jobs.

Then, many of them probably had to take whatever could to hang on because equipment spending is about less than half of what it was during the good years.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
When Istobal bought them many of the layoffs had already occurred. The company was probably as close to closing as you can get without putting locks on the door. They kept quite a few of those that remained but over the last few years many left.