What's new

Magic Wand C6100

Etowah

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I got a 20+ year old Magic Wand that has 1 phase motors for the presoak, wax, etc. I cannot find any schematics. Has any tried changing their 1 phase motors to 3 phase as they need replacing? How did you do it and did it save you on power? I'm not saying doing all of them at once, but switching them as the motors need to be replaced.

semocarwasher

Reaction score
We changed those to flojet pumps over the years at all locations over the years. They work just fine but you loose the ability to recirculate hot chemical out to the machine. I can't imagine saving any money on power swapping that motor out to 3 phase.

mac

Reaction score
If you are referring to the low pressure functions, as they fail just replace with an air operated Flojet pump.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
We changed those to flojet pumps over the years at all locations over the years. They work just fine but you loose the ability to recirculate hot chemical out to the machine. I can't imagine saving any money on power swapping that motor out to 3 phase.
Do you have an Idea of what the GPM and PSI should be?

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
If you are referring to the low pressure functions, as they fail just replace with an air operated Flojet pump.
not the chemical low pressure system, The low pressure presoak and wax system uses low pressure pumps instead of the energy hog old huge high pressure cat pump. None of the flojet pumps can come up to that pressure for an IBA.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would just replace the pump with a new one of the same type or similar. I switched my low pressure pump about 6 years ago with a Dayton I bought from Autowash Maintenance. Great pump. Easy install. I was back up and running quickly. That's what I'm looking to do when I make repairs; get operational asap. When I match new units to data plate specs on old units I have an easy time swapping out and I'm all about 'easy'.