What's new

M5 Abort - "Bridge Unable to Move"

C-Ray

Reaction score
I can't figure out what is causing this m5 to abort the wash. It always gets to the back passenger corner, rotates 90 and then aborts - from what I can tell it only happens on low pressure passes but it's hit and miss. It might happen every other car but it will vary on which pass it occurs on.

The bridge travels back home just fine and the tires don't try to spin before it aborts. I've checked the encorder test and the bridge sensor test and no issues. I've also done a hard restart.

The error I get "Abort Wash (package/cycle) - Bridge Unable to Move"
The machine doesn't keep track of abort wash history so I don't have many details to go on.

See the video below... Any ideas?

View attachment M5 Abort.mov

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's shucking and grooving alot after the arch turns. I think you are losing the prox signal when this happens.

C-Ray

Reaction score
It's shucking and grooving alot after the arch turns. I think you are losing the prox signal when this happens.
Thx! Figured out it was a rotate prox. The movement on this arch has always been rough with rotation. It blows the shear pin every 4 to 6 weeks just from the high pressure kick back!

APW

Reaction score
Thx! Figured out it was a rotate prox. The movement on this arch has always been rough with rotation. It blows the shear pin every 4 to 6 weeks just from the high pressure kick back!
Knock on wood I put regular bolts in place of my shear pins 3 years ago and have not had one problem since.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Knock on wood I put regular bolts in place of my shear pins 3 years ago and have not had one problem since.
I did that same thing on my old superior automatic. It was great until the wash arm came into contact with some thing on the car and instead of breaking away it scratched and dented the vehicle!

STXCW

Reaction score
are you sure the shear bolt is breaking on it own?