What's new

'm getting to hate Starbucks

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Mac,
Can you hook up a wifi controlled sprinkler or some type of sprayer? Then you could monitor via camera and turn on your sprinkler so the douchebag latte drinker has to take a bath to get into their car. Would make great YouTube videos.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow I almost wish I was in a busy enough area to have over-spill traffic worries! I do understand the frustration at people using your car wash parking lot like a municipal free parking lot and not spending any $ at the wash.

Instead of spending my own energy on eliminating this problem, I like to think I would try to figure out a way to encourage these folks to use my wash bays, vacuums, air machine, soda machine, etc. Gotta be a way.....signs, lighting, talking with them, giving out free tokens, maybe something with your logo, introducing yourself. Sometimes when people put a face and a name with a business they start treating it better.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Instead of pi$$ing off potential customers I would take it to Starbucks management and plead your case to them. A sign at their counter asking not to park at the car wash would probably get better attention than just putting one in your lot.
If Starbucks won't cooperate with you, then I would round up two or three old junkers and start putting them into their lot when it would hurt them most. They might understand your position then.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Those of us in potential overnight snowfall areas ... know the frustration of a vehicle making snow removal even more costly & time consuming than it already is!

I have bad memories of police pulling vehicles over into an open bay for "warrant out for arrest" & then blocking the bays with 3 PD vehicles for more than one half of an hour. Happened several times ... so inconsiderate it seems. Of course when you call them on it there is a risk of being labeled another "bad guy".

In our laundromat lot ... when an arrest occurs the specific vehicles have been left in a prime spot with the officer nonchalantly saying that the guy will be let out of jail within a week ... depending on court time??? Some PD officers like everything else can be better than others. Not knowing the entire circumstance there is a sense to try to do the customer a favor & not tow too quickly. Ideally, they will have the ability to have someone else who has keys to pick up the vehicle without the already towed hassle to add to their problems!

soonermajic

Reaction score
What about offering ALL Starbucks customers $1 off top pkg? Might be a way to make Lemonade out of a Lemon...

mac

Reaction score
The average customer I see going there are somewhat brainless young females who think a $7 cup of coffee and an overpriced and small snack are a great deal.

Randy

Reaction score
Mac, “brainless young females” aren’t your typical car wash customer and most of the customers who go to Starbucks aren’t Self-Serve car wash customers. The public’s perception of the Self-Serve car wash industry is right there with “Pond scum” It’s funny when you first meet someone for the first time and you tell them that you own a Self-Serve car wash they go “Oh” and that’s the end of the conversation as they walk away. I don’t care who I pi$$ off by towing there car off my property. If it’s left unattended for any length of time it’s gone. Park your car in the drive through at Starbucks and see how long it takes for them to tow it out of there. If you don’t put up signs and you’re namby-pamby about enforcing who parks on your property and going to continue to have problems.

mac

Reaction score
The coffee customers have a boyfriend who washes the car. When I talk to strangers I tell them I own the most advanced robotic machine that cleans and shines the car. Sounds much better, and it’s true.

Reactions: Zal

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Local guy has a speaker playing some sort of taped message when a motion sensor senses a car advising lot for his customers and others will be towed. You might try something like that.

soapy

Reaction score
I had a Taco wagon park on a laundry mat parking lot next to one of my washes. This place had only 5 parking spots to begin with. Naturally everyone parked on my lot all the time. The worst was every Saturday the police would come and park 8 cars or so on my lot and had no problem blocking off vacs and entrances. Ever try telling a cop they are in the wrong?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Ever try telling a cop they are in the wrong?
I did once. He was bucket washing his cruiser on a busy day, the wash was only 3 bay, and I had "No bucket washing at any time" signs in each bay. To add insult to injury, I gave them tokens for free, so he wasn't even paying! It pissed him off, but I guess he got over it, or just abused someone else.

mac

Reaction score
Well I’ve come up with a possible solution. Have ordered traffic delineator, which are basically 3’ tall plastic strips that bolt to the ground. Not sure how much it will reduce the issue but it’s cheap and requires no operator. Thought about putting up a sign that says, “No parking for Starbucks customers. Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. “