What's new

lw4000 to dock or not to dock

waright

Reaction score
i am installing a used lw4000 for a customer that has a docking dryer with it. we are wanting to not dock the dryer, rather just leave it stationary. is there any issues with this. I realize that there is some programming changes and maybe a dip switch setting change. Are there any concerns with choosing not to dock?

getnbusy

Reaction score
I did this last fall. Not sure about the dipswitch settings, but my distributor said I had to have a different plc on the dryer. All I know is they changed the plc and installed some shut off eyes. It works like a champ. I am very happy with a non docking setup.

bryan church

Reaction score
You can just set it to "drive thru" mode. you can find that setting in the 63556 menu. The dryers will shut off on their own when the car clears the bay. If his customers are used to a docking dryer, prepare for many complaints. Good luck.

PEI

Reaction score
Bryan is right about the drive thru mode, but you also need to give extra time for the "Stuck in bay timer" found in the Automatic Parameters under 80#. If it is too close to when the dryer times itself off, it can catch a vehicle still blocking the eyes and issue a fault message. The machine should clear itself, but it will make the next customer in line wait until it does, causing customers to enter the wash too soon and complain that they did not get their undercarraige.

getnbusy

Reaction score
I tried running my machine on drive thru mode and it wouldnt work. I dont recall exactly what it was or wasnt doing. I was told that drive thru mode was meant as a bandaid for when you have magnet troubles or whatever, and not intended to be used as a permanent setup. Thus the need for the different plc. Snakeoil or not, my setup has run flawlessly since they left.

soonermajic

Reaction score
getnbusy,
where did they install the shut off eyes?

Bryan & PEI,
do you run through "drive through mode" under 63556 & also punch 80# on the touchscreen? If so, what do you do after 80# ?