What's new

LW4000 stops when cold

washnvac

Reaction score
Luv these Lasers when there is intermittent issues. Got one when cold, first use in the morning going across the front or down the driver's side--it will get real slow, then stop. Error is motor overrun. Yet, I can put it in manual mode and run it all over the place without it slowing down or stopping. Wheels are not slipping/spinning, nothing appears to be binding or hindering free movement. Front pass speed is 3, first soap pass is speed of 9.

Once I run it around a time or two, it is fine for the rest of the day. This only happens first wash of the day. Now if I get there early and put it in manual mode, it runs all around just fine with no slowing down. It is only on a triggered wash that it slows down , then stops on.

I am just a bit confused on this issue.

lag

Reaction score
Grease in rollers could be issue.
Have you greased lately? Every two weeks if needed or not.
Also be sure your running a low temp grease. We use Jet-lube 35050 ( I believe) brand.

Last edited:

BBE

Reaction score
sounds like a tire problem to me. Have you checked tire pressure? Running the correct kind of gearbox oil I presume?

washnvac

Reaction score
Yes--tires good, pressure good, synthetic oil changed in gear box this Summer, bearings greased monthly. Keep in mind, if I run it in manual mode first thing it goes just fine. It is only the first activated wash cycle. It is a real mystery to me.

waright

Reaction score
I had a new install where this exact same thing was happening. turns out the mfg's supplier had the wrong oil in the gearboxes.

washnvac

Reaction score
Not that--using Mobil SHC 630, as specified on gearbox. Remember--in manual mode it runs fine all the time. Only a triggered wash does it slow/stop, and only first one in the morning.

BBE

Reaction score
I wouldn't take anything away from it running fine in manual mode. I would pay more attention to the fact that it does it on the first wash in the morning. This means that something is happening while it is sitting idle and not being used for an extended period of time. Like the oil getting cold and thick, etc...

waright

Reaction score
don't pay attention to manual mode operation. I would check with washworld/ pdq and ask what oil they put in. Some mfgs take out the original oil (as specified on gearbox) and put in oil that meets their specific needs. As I stated earlier, I have had this exact same scenario play out before.