What's new

LW4000 : help identiying leaking part

bandali

Reaction score
Attached are 2 pictures of a some "push-lock" type connector that is used in the Vertical pump stand. There's a leak in one of these, so I took it apart, cleaned it and put it back. Still leaking. The white ring appears to be worn somewhat.

I looked through catalogs and couldn't identify the part. Short of going to my distributor, thought I'd check with y'all.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Did you check with washworld.com they have a part for part breakdown in their media section on their website also that poly tube is not supposed to be kinked like that it should look like a perfect "U" into those fittings.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
Those are weep adjustment valves. If you take them out and use a plug like the one just above, no more leak. Those valves aren't being used anyway as they are tied together...most likely to solve a previous leaky situation.

Gabriel

Reaction score
There is an engineering term for that technique. I can't at this moment remember the term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreese

dreese
Reaction score
If they are plumbed as per the first pic, they are doing nothing. They are the needle valves used to meter the weep water going from the weep manifold to the bay - they should not be tied together. One should plumb to the arch feed, the other to the undercarriage feed - above the LexAir valves thru check valves. 3/8 poly tubing is used with pushloc fittings. If the weep is not used, or if the bay feeds are already there, they can be plugged.

bandali

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. The first pic is not the one with the leak. So the easiest fix is to plug these 2 and use one of them to fix the leak and the other one as a spare ? What's the screw-like adjustment for ? Specifically, what is it adjusting since there's no pressure gauge on the manifold ?

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
They are to adjust the amount of flow for your weep. One controls flow to the UB, the other one controls flow to your spray arch. As stated, the way they are plumbed now, they are doing you no good.

Mike

Reaction score
The guys above are correct, they are weep flow control valves, but they way they are plumbed they are not doing anything. remove them and put a 1/4 plug in thier place.

Etowah