What's new

LW4000 arch wrapping around T-bar

cherokee235

Reaction score
I upgraded to a VT on my 4000. If a car goes wide to the right the arch goes wide and attempts a 270 turn and swings to the outside of the t-bar. When a turn to 0 (home) is attempted it gets hung on the t-bar and goes motor run on/arch rotate fail. It broke the shear pin last week. It has done this several times.

We tightened the buffer, but it can still happen. I've driven around to look at some other lasers and it appears everyone is putting guide rails on the floor to force cars to the center. Is this the best solution? Yuk! That's why I got rid of the floor steel.

Reaction score
I would put the guide rails in but keep them rather wide, having the vt is great it really cleans up the floor, keeping the rails rather wide will just give the customer a general idea of where to position their vehicle, and it sounds like your customers are having a problem with going too far to the right.

lag

Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest software for the VT ,and your A5000 controller.
Be sure your trolley is not coasting on high pressure

If you have break away T bars ….. Move the T bar to the outside of the bridge frame (same side as the tire). Just loosen the big bolt on the break away, and turn the T bar to get the eyes facing inside again. Make sure to get it at the same height. The T bar will be close to the tire, but will fit.

Washworld has a reflector kit you can put on the floor(they are like what you see on the highways) We put them in to keep from going to far left ,but installed them on both sides of the bay. The kits are easy to install , and none have come off in any of the bays .