What's new

LW 4000 Undercarriage sensor and Sun interference issue..Mods?

MDrost1

Reaction score
Hello,

Depending on the time of year, my LW4000 encounters Sun interference on the entrance undercarriage sensors. I don't have doors and have the VT. Today it happened. I went to the wash can shaded the eye that was covered with sunlight and let the customer enter again. Worked fine. Usually happens this time year between 10-12pm.

Have any of you had this issue? Any simple fixes or modifications you can offer? Pics are helpful :).

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello,

Depending on the time of year, my LW4000 encounters Sun interference on the entrance undercarriage sensors. I don't have doors and have the VT. Today it happened. I went to the wash can shaded the eye that was covered with sunlight and let the customer enter again. Worked fine. Usually happens this time year between 10-12pm.

Have any of you had this issue? Any simple fixes or modifications you can offer? Pics are helpful :).

Thanks!
if they are infrared eyes, like carlo gavazzi , the black wired eye is the receiver, the sun has infrared rays and can fake out the receiver. swap the eyes from side to side, or shade them for now but when they fail replace them in the orientation so that the transmitter gets the sunlight not the receiver. the other thing you can do is thread them out further than normal 1 inch or so exposed and put a rubber tip protector over them, the tips usually used on the end of self serve guns, sometimes the cone is enough to block the peripheral sun input.