What's new

LW 4000 undercarriage check valve

raisetheprice

Reaction score
Why is there a 1" brass check valve to the undercarriage out in the bay?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We had check valves on our undercarriages and I removed them due to the water trapped in the line would start to stink plus if it ever froze it would blow the HP line connected to it.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Vector has one to keep it from siphoning water from the holding tank. The spring check needs 5 PSI to open.

ccola#1

Reaction score
you need checkvalve inline to prevent line from draining out during non usage. when pump kicks on if line is empty it will cause vibration and possibly damage line or pump.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
you need checkvalve inline to prevent line from draining out during non usage. when pump kicks on if line is empty it will cause vibration and possibly damage line or pump.
I get that...however there's not a check for the arch?...it drains out.

dreese

dreese
Reaction score
You want immediate response with the undercarriage, so the check valve keeps the line charged. There is a delay on the arch so no check valve is needed.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
The reason for the check valve is to prevent water from siphoning out of the water tank while resting. Because the Arch is higher than the tank, no water will siphon from it.

Reaction score
The check is to allow for instant water at the u/c. It won't siphon on a 4000.
the outlet for the Hp arch and U/c are above the tank level on the pump station, the u/c lexair is in the closed position when machine is idle, and I would think the pump (cat or General) would inhibit flow though if its not running.

riramire

Reaction score
Hi I have rented an old gas station with a PDQ Laserwash 4000 and they don´t have the owner´s and service manual. I would like to know where can I download it.

Last edited:

PDQ Manufacturing

Car Wash Manufacturer
Reaction score
newhampshiretech is correct - you can download owner/operator manuals from PDQ's website - www.pdqinc.com - however, you'll need to sign up for an operator account to gain access to those manuals. You can also try contacting your local distributor for the manuals as they may be able to email them to you as a PDF. If you're unsure of who your distributor is, you can use the Find A Distributor link on our website to locate one in your area.

PDQ Manufacturing

Car Wash Manufacturer
Reaction score
riramire - please check your Private Messages on this forum for instructions on how to set up an operators account on our website.

riramire

Reaction score
newhampshiretech is correct - you can download owner/operator manuals from PDQ's website - www.pdqinc.com - however, you'll need to sign up for an operator account to gain access to those manuals. You can also try contacting your local distributor for the manuals as they may be able to email them to you as a PDF. If you're unsure of who your distributor is, you can use the Find A Distributor link on our website to locate one in your area.
Yes Newhampshiretech is right I will try to download from there