What's new

LW 4000 Issue - Help Needed

Westwood

Reaction score
I have a LW 4000 that works wonderful for the first wash. Second customer deposit money, press button to select wash and Auto Cashier go to Wash Busy. The boom has flexed back and is blocking the back eye on the T bar. Push it slightly forward light kicks on and ready to wash. This doesn't happen every time, but way to often for me. I thought the L frame was bent so I replaced it, no difference. Checked ball bearings all good. I hope someone can help guide me, what am i missing?

Westwood

Reaction score
I have changed shear pin several times, its almost like there is play in gearbox. Not much, but on high pressure it pushes arm back for enough to block eye. I have checked tire air pressure, i will recheck. Thank You for taking time to read and reply.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I would check the rollers on the trolley, as well as the washer/spacers that hold the rollers on. If either of these items are worn, or tire pressure is low, it will allow the trolley to move front to back. I would also check to see if the spray arm is bent.

Westwood

Reaction score
I changed vertical arm as I had an extra one, washed couple cars. It looked like we were fixed. 3 hours later get a call back to machine, and it now won't go in to home position, and when it washes a car it goes all the way to the right and stays there. Not sure if problem is related or do I have a new problem. It will still wash but I shut it down as I don't trust it.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I would check the rollers on the trolley, as well as the washer/spacers that hold the rollers on. If either of these items are worn, or tire pressure is low, ( as I suggested above}, as another symptom of worn rollers/spacers/low tire pressure is too much play in the trolley on the rails. This excessive play can cause a bind, resulting in a speed control overload, changing the distance from prox switches to flags, or allowing the trolley to travel too far after receiving the "brake " signal from the speed controller.

Westwood

Reaction score
Thank You! It's a older machine, but trolley wear on rollers look pretty uniform. Tires both have 26 lbs and are in goodles shape. Due you think all issues are related or not. Why it isn't going allc the way to the home position, yet it is ready to wash next car.

Westwood

Reaction score
Had a tech at wash today, found two problems. 30 mm proxy cable was intermittent cause machine not to go to home. Second problem was roller on bridge, just like whitescout had said. They looked good to me, I was wrong. Thanks again whitescout.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Westwood is your machine still good ??? Ive got the same problem this week. Gonna jump on it tomorrow. thx

Thanks to all who replied

Westwood

Reaction score
Yes, machine is working perfectly. As for as proxy switch it was the 30pm on the top of the machine facing back of the building. It's the one which count the metal notches on the main frame the rollers hang on. I hope that helps, if not I try to figure out the system number and reply back later.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
The switch that counts the pulses on the picket fence, and sees the "home" flag, is the number 30 input. ( 24cx30)