What's new

LW 4000 Dump Vlv

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I just received a bill from my PDQ distributor for a repair kit for a dump valve!!!!!!!!!!! I know their prices are out of sight but this is really ridiculous. $155.00 I have heard of just plugging the dump valve, that it is not really needed. Has anyone ever tried this? Did it work ok? Thanks

BBE

Reaction score
How much did you pay for shipping if you don't mind me asking?

PEI

Reaction score
You can plug the dump valve with no affect on the wash unless it is more than two bays away from the equipment room. The further away from the equipment room, the more time you will need to give the low pressure delay and high pressure delay to make up for the lack of dump valve. You can also just live with the arch not having changed over chemicals or rinses when it first starts across the front of the vehicle and not worry about the two delay timers.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
No shipping. Tech had it on the truck while he was here for another problem. I checked with the parts dept. after I received the bill to make sure there wasn't a mistake. No mistake. $155.00 I really think PDQ is putting it to the operator, the people that keep them in business.

Jsobi

Reaction score
Bud I have many laser washes running, all with the stainless steel dump valve. We have found those to be the best ones by far. I know they are quite expensive and the repair kits are also expensive. But have found the only thing that goes wrong with them, is the stainless steel spring breaks. I was able to buy just the springs thru a local distributor http://www.normanequipment.com Hope this helps. Jon

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I just added the equip site to my favs. will ck it out later.