What's new

lw 4000 arch rotating backwards

waright

Reaction score
customer has been getting a few arch index errors lately. He has been able to home the unit and it works for a day or so. He left it alone one time so that I could come over and look at it. I went over and couldn't get it to malfunction. The next day it had an arch error, I went back over and was moving the bridge, trolley and arch around manually. One time, I moved the arch across the front (pass to driver side) rotated the arch 90 (no problem), then when I pulled the joystick down, to bring the bridge in reverse, the arch rotated backwards into the driver's side t bar. (it went clock-wise about 170 deg)

I'm thinking that the arch rotate contactor is sticking in sometimes. Any of you lw 4000 experts agree? or am I missing something? thanks.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I am not an expert, but I will answer anyways. If i understand you, the arch rotated clockwise while you were moving the bridge. If this is the case, I would agree with you about the contactor sticking.

lag

Reaction score
I would also consider the output for the arch , on output card y30 as a possible issue. You can just change the relay on the card. should be some spares on card y50. I would just change the relay when changing the arch contactor.

waright

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. LAG...thanks, I wouldn't have known that you could change the relays. Some I/O have relays that cannot be replaced.

lag

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. LAG...thanks, I wouldn't have known that you could change the relays. Some I/O have relays that cannot be replaced.
I always liked that about the Idec output cards. The input cards have no serviceable parts however.

The ABs we have now, the card has to be replaced if there is an issue. I have had only one I/O fail so far , though( knock on wood).