What's new

LW 4000 Arch Removal

UndertakerII

Reaction score
I need to remove the horizontal (top) arch bar on my 4000 to remove and repair the dump valve. Do I simply remove the 4 bolts on the bottom side of this bar just above the dump valve and then remove the jam nut(s) and rubber snubber on the back side then slide it out of the rest of the assembly? I understand that there is 4 ball bearings in the mix which is why I assume the black snubber is there to keep adequate pressure on the vertical bar in event of an impact. Hope this isn't too confusing. Kevin

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
You can do as you said. I prefer to take the side arch off first by removing the shear bolt and then the large nut on the side. I believe at that point you should be able to remove the dump valve without taking the top arch off. This means you would not need to take off the nuts that hold the rubber snubber. When sliding the side arch back on, make sure you are careful not to tear the o-ring inside.

Reaction score
I usually move the trolley to center then ust swing the arch up sideways su its just under the bridge, and spin off the dump valve.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Just my two cents do you like the dump valve. Every operator within 200 miles of me including myself put a plug where the dump valve was and has the chemicals dumping on the car instead of the ground going down the drain. Why waste soap with high prices? not to mention more on the car for better cleaning. 100% might not get on the car but the right side hood front end/bugs will benefit. Just saying. maybe the dump valve is the ticket and I am doing it wrong. Teach me something maybe I am missing. Hope this helps buddy

Reaction score
the idea of the dump valve was to allow for quicker purging of chemicals between passes, I have seen many removed and or plugged, Ive also seen a few with a 45 deg elbow and a nozzle so it aims at the vehicle and dumps on the right front corner. if the bay isn't real far from the equipment room and or pump station I don't believe disabling the dump valve is out of the question to save chem.