What's new

Lusta 460/461 C-Force Ceramic

Etowah
K

Kk131795

Howdy all, have four locations and come June first will be putting in a couple new laser wash 360+ machines in one of those 4 and hoping for a few peoples opinions.
We are looking to add in Lustra C-Force Ceramic into our top wash package and been hearing mixed reviews from a few friends who currently run it. They run it as a High Pressure option and they say it’s not that great and have recommended it as a LP option. Has anybody started off HP and switched it to LP or is there anybody else on here that runs C-Force LP? We run all Lustra Products and have been content with them just wanting to hop on the ceramic bandwagon. Thanks!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not a lustra user but I think all true protectants are going to benefit from the stronger solutions that you can offer through low pressure. I can take the same Quest ceramic product (total shield) and use it as a high pressure CCP/drying agent and it '"works" (breaks water and enhances shine somewhat )at probably 800:1. So technically, I can offer them a "ceramic package" at that dilution but it is much more durable and working the way quest intended at stronger dilutions of 128-256:1. IMO operators that are advertising ceramics at then applying them at super weak dilutions are not doing the industry or themselves a favor.

washnshine

Reaction score
Agree with Greg. Quest actually states on their sell sheets that the “ceramic” products can function at various dilution levels. They recommend high dilutions for standard ccp/da use, mid level dilutions for in-package ceramic, and the most concentrated levels for the $5 add-on option. Any product applied at high pressure will require high dilutions and won’t give the maximum effect it’s cable of.

K

Kk131795

That makes total total sense. As of now we plan on adding a 4th wash package on top of our 3 we already have and adding in the ceramic and taking out our Carnauba Wax and toying with the idea of adding 3x foam into the top wash as well. I was talking with our one friend who added a fourth wash with the ceramic and am blown away by his sales and people willing to add a few bucks for ceramic.