What's new

lrd digimeter interface questions

mngoalie

Reaction score
My bays use lrd digimeter interface boxes between the coin acceptor and my timers. They look like they convert the signal from an optical sensor into a pulse for the dixmor timers. I'm running low on spares of these and was curious if anyone had come up with a replacement for them. I'm looking at doing faceplate upgrades to better coin mechanisms so I don't need them, but was hoping to find something in the interim.

Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
What the heck are "lrd digimeter interface boxes"

mngoalie

Reaction score
That's the name printed on the instructions that came with the module/box. The company is long out of business and the components are in epoxy so I can't get in to look and see what they are exactly :)

MEP001

Reaction score
Don't you end up with a lot of crap in your safes that isn't quarters? I used to manage a chain of washes with something like that, and pretty much anything round would add time, and since there was no reject slot anything dropped in ended up in the safe.

mngoalie

Reaction score
You're not wrong. I'm moving to a new coin acceptors, but was hoping to do them in phases. I bought the wash this summer and this was what they had installed.

MEP001

Reaction score
Is that an old MARK VII system? Seems like I saw some of those on a wash built in the 80s
That's what I've seen them on too, a chain of washes called Sudshine. They originally had one large high pressure pump for 8-10 bays.