What's new

Lowering price

Dolly6767

Reaction score
My analysis is not scientific at all, but here is what I have learned from participating in 9+ years of forum posting. Practically everyone that lowered prices did not benefit from it. Practically everyone that raised prices were glad they did. Take it FWIW.

BTW, I have never lowered prices and am always the first to raise them.

I would have to agree with this as long as you are still offering a quality product. It's been my experience that most people don't mind paying more for a superior product or service.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
Something else that I have also heard is instead of changing your prices, just change the time. I know a customer that is currently at 40 seconds for $.25. In this area we currently had a 20% increase on our water bill and they are thinking about changing it to 30 seconds for $.25 Most customer won't notice the time they are getting, just the amount that they have to pay for it.

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
Well for the last week or so I have made an effort to go and meet my competition. Not to discuss price just to say hi and i'm the guy down the street. I am in south philadelphia near the Delaware line. I have been $2.50 for 4 min. Most of my interaction with the local competion has been funny because when I introduce myself they are some what standoffish. I now think that I might raise my price to $2.75 for 4min but wait till fall when the buiss really slows. We have had so much rain that I haven't been washing my own car. My cost have been going up. Not only from utilities, water, sewer but the fact that I spend more on improvements and making a better product for my customer then my competition a price change is in order, on the upside. You guys are right loosing a few customers for price isn't the worst thing.