What's new

Lowered time by 30 seconds.

washme1

Reaction score
I'm in a midwest city of apprx 250,000.

Why would you charge more for any quarters over $2? (30 sec/qtr instead of 33.75 sec/qtr) Lowering the time to four minutes will be the easiest increase you'll ever do.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Those prices look wicked low to my rookie eye.
Depends on what part of the country you are in.

I've been told that there are about 400 SS carwashes in my metropolitan area and I'll bet that I am aware or have visited half of them. The most expensive start up I have seen is $1.50 and I only know of a handful that are at that price.

kentadel

Reaction score
2$ start up for 5 minutes here, up from 1$ for 3 minutes. I did some upgrades to go along with price increase. Not one complaint.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I'd have to visit the washes to get exact numbers, but approx:
location 1: $1 for 3 mins
location 2: $.75 for 2 1/4 mins (I think its 10 seconds)
location 3: $1.25 for 3 1/2 mins (I'm pretty sure its 25 seconds)
location 4: $.75 for 2 1/4 mins (I'm pretty sure its 10 seconds also)

I try to increase the vac price the same way, but not as diligent about it. To my best recollection the vac prices are:
location 1: $.75 for 3 mins
location 2: $.75 for 3 mins rear vacs; $1.oo for 3 1/2 mins front vacs
location 3: $.75 for 3 1/2 mins
location 4: $.75 for 2 mins 10 secs (same start up price and time as bays)

Holy Cow are you giving away the farm!!! Raise your prices man. The last wash we bought the previous owner was afraid to raise the prices. The day we took over we raised the prices from $1.25 for 5 minutes in the bays to $2.00 for 4 minutes. No one complained. The Vacuums where .75 for 5 minutes we went to $1.00 for 3 minutes, again no one complained. The vending was .50 for paper towels, and window wipes, raised those them to $1.00. Amorall, and Little Tree air fresheners were .75 raised them to $1.00 and again none complained. The only thing we saw was an increase in revenue. It wasn’t long before everyone else soon followed with a price increase.

readydave8

Reaction score
Nobody?

I am in business to make money not friends (although it's good when I do make friends). I have always charged as much or more than my near competetion.

However its hard for me to believe that "nobody" complained about price increases as stated in previous posts. Someone will always notice & complain. Either while he's washing his car at another wash or to everyone but the owner.

My point is not that we should be scared to raise prices, that's a business decision, within 6 months, or less, we will know whether it was a good decision. I'd rather wash less cars for the same money. My point has to do with listening to customers.

And when customers do notice price difference, they will sometimes choose the higher priced product because they think it must be better.

DPD36

Reaction score
I'm 3 min 12 sec for $1 and 5,6,7,8 for the auto. If I recall correctly from previous posts my wash is in the same part of the country as Ghetto Wash. I've been debating increasing the self serve to 2 min 48 sec for $1, but can't decide if I want to wait until I get in bay credit card acceptance.

These prices are pretty close to every other wash I've visited in the area.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I am $2.75 for 4 minutes and vacs at $1= 4 minutes.Other washes in town are $1.50 for 4 minutes.Town is 9500 and county 16500,farm, ranch,railroad and indian rez.I have no shortage of business or mud the last 2 weeks makes me smile as I know the others are pushing mud for less money.