What's new

Low Water Pressure

docscarwash

Reaction score
After a recent cold spell, all of my self serve bays are suffering from low water pressure. I have swapped out my Cat Pump and I have changed out the pressure regulating valves, with no luck. Still fairly new at this and can't figure it out. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is how i'd troubleshoot this:

1. check hose spigots etc to be sure water pressure inside car wash is okay.

2. if yes, you need to follow the cold water feed from its source (water line comes in building and branches off to several places).

3. check your ball valves coming from main water feed; maybe somebody bumped one with a ladder etc and closed it partially.

chaz

Reaction score
Yep. Check the incoming pressure. Might need to adjust the main pressure regulator as water enters property. I had an issue several months ago, turns out there was a water main break a few blocks away, the city reduced the line pressure until they fixed the leak, just wish they would have given me a head up.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Is this issue occurring on Hot Wash, Cold Rinse, or both?
Are the pumps pressure fed, gravity fed, or both?
Are the pumps noisier than usual?

MEP001

Reaction score
Check the valves on the spot-free rinse - if they're above the bay and froze, they could have been damaged and are letting the pressure go back into the storage tank.

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
what ever happened? did you get it fixed? what was it?

docscarwash

Reaction score
I have adjusted my ball valves coming in and pressure is back in two (of my three bays). I don't think that was the main problem but I have had little time to troubleshoot as I have been tending to my automatics.

The issue is in my self serves and I am heating the water going into them currently. They are pressure fed and the pumps are a little noisier than normal. I have not had the chance to check my valves in my attic above the washes, but that is my next step.

I will keep you all updated on progress. Thanks to everyone for all your help. you are all lifesavers for a newbie.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
If your pumps are "Noisier" than usual, sounds like they are starving for water. How are you heating the water? Demand or storage tank style full flow? Do you have a pressure gage on your incoming water?