What's new

Low water pressure on 2 of my bays

BigVic1993

Reaction score
Good evening
wanted to thank everyone for the advice and help on my issues at my carwash i am new to this so its a work in progress.

i have 2 bays for some odd reason i only have 200 to 400 psi when i usually run my pumps at about 800 psi
i have replaced both pumps with brand new GIANT P56W pumps and it did not fix the issue all my other bays have great pressure
any leads on what else could be my issue

Thanks

BigVic1993

Reaction score
Ive checked every possible thing. ive replaced both pumps and nothing now. i gave up for the night and going to try tomorrow morning. ive checked for debris and all in the lines. all it seems to do is cavitate.

MEP001

Reaction score
It could be a leak in a line allowing air to draw into the system. Is the pressure up to 800 PSI with the trigger released, then when the trigger is pulled does the pressure drop immediately, or does it take a few seconds?

BigVic1993

Reaction score
without pulling the trigger the gauge shows 200 to 400 psi and when i pull the trigger it just cavitates and the pressure don't move at all just gets lower and that is with the new pump installed my belts are tight on the motor and water pump.

MEP001

Reaction score
Cavitation is caused by a restriction in the water supply. You may have pulsation caused by something else.
the pressure don't move at all just gets lower
So does the pressure not move at all or does it get lower? It has to do one or the other.

edredtop

Reaction score
Putting a new hose and trigger on at the pump in the equipment room, bypassing the unloader, will take everything downstream out of the loop and may be helpful. (Tape or hold the trigger open when you run the test)
I've had a restricted hose from the equipment room to the boom cause low pressure before.

Cavitating... restrictions or air leaks on the inlet side of the pump? Fresh rubber hose (like heater hose on an automobile) can collapse when placed under a vacuum especially if you have a dirty screen on the inlet. Is there a commonality between the two pumps like a shared water supply? Have you checked your soap and wax supply hoses to see if they are cracked and allowing air...? Are your soap and wax solenoid plungers tight, o-rings good? Fittings installed with teflon tape and snug?