What's new

Low Pressure still running after timer is done.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
We have a ginsan ultimate system that runs our 5 self service bays. We have 2 bays having the same issue, where once the timer stops, if the user doesn't hit stop on the board, and they leave the system running any low pressure option (Presoak, Tire cleaner, spot free rinse) the bay will continue to run that option until you hit stop or switch to a high pressure function. The board with no time left on it will still let you switch between the low pressure functions, and chemical will come out.

We found out if you unhook the trickle solenoid, the bay shuts off as it is supposed to when time runs out. Guessing the solenoid is clogged or is going bad on those two bays, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this, or has other suggestions before we start messing with those solenoids.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Sounds like the timer triac is sticking on. I would swap timers from good/bad bays first. If the problem stays on the same bay, you possibly have something like the trickle valve pulling too much current.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Sounds like the timer triac is sticking on. I would swap timers from good/bad bays first. If the problem stays on the same bay, you possibly have something like the trickle valve pulling too much current.
We have swapped Timers between 2 bays, and the problem didn't follow the timer it stayed in the same bay. What would be pulling to much current or would it just be something stuck in the solenoid?

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Google can help with pictures. It's the electric part of a solenoid valve. I just remembered that ginsan uses a special mutiplexing device to shut off the trickle valve. Gs27d. If it's not the coil, that would be the next device to swap with a good bay.