What's new

Low Pressure function ideal pressure

softsuds

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone thinks is an ideal Pressure setting for
Low pressure functions like tire/presoak/bug/etc ?

Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
We use a Procon pump on all of our low pressure functions. It runs at around 100-110 psi. We've been running it like that for over 15 years.

MEP001

Reaction score
It depends on whether or not you have needle valves on the system. I always use them, and I prefer to run about 70 PSI on tire cleaner, 80 PSI presoak with the air pressure 5 PSI higher on each. No needle valves on presoak liquid, and the air valves cracked just enough to slightly aerate the presoak. Tire cleaner liquid is throttled back quite a bit and more air to create a thick foam to stick to the tires.

One of these days I'll put a flow meter on them to aid in adjusting without walking back and forth to the bays and to better see how much product is actually getting used.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
No needle valves.

Run 60 PSI to the Flo Jets and 10 PSI Air.

.05 Nozzles in the bays.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have needle valves on low pressure presoak and FB. Flojets are set at 60psi air pressure and 20 psi mixed air and chemical. The presoak doesn't come out nearly as strong as the Spot Free Rinse, but cost to operate should come into play when setting these functions up. If the presaok came out as strong as the SFR, the customer could get the presoak applied in 10-15 seconds...I like for him/her to stay in the bay a little longer! But I think it works as it should at these pressures...