What's new

Low pressure check valves

traveler17

Reaction score
Last month I sent 10 1/4” fluid control check valves back to KR because every one of them would not work properly. I have never encountered this. I got them back 2 days ago replaced 7. They were working fine yesterday when I left. This morning when I got there to test 4 of the 7 were not working , as in the tire cleaner was back feeding into the pre soak chemical line and running into the ER. Have to wait til Monday to talk to them. Anyone w any suggestions or have any problems w these valves as of late? I’m ready to try another check valve so if you guys have any you personally like I’m listening. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
That's a real $hity deal! We use the Fluid Controls CV-100 KR#CVV0013 for years and haven't had to replace in a long time, can't remember when we last had to replace one. There's got to be a problem in at the factory with all those bad heck valves.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you using the CV-100 or the CV-100T? The latter has a Teflon seal which may not seat 100% on low pressure until it's had some high pressure behind it for a few minutes. The hard seal needs to deform to match the seat. It could be a quality control issue, once I had to take apart 50 JE Adams check valves and cleaned brass shavings out of them so they'd work properly.

traveler17

Reaction score
Are you using the CV-100 or the CV-100T? The latter has a Teflon seal which may not seat 100% on low pressure until it's had some high pressure behind it for a few minutes. The hard seal needs to deform to match the seat. It could be a quality control issue, once I had to take apart 50 JE Adams check valves and cleaned brass shavings out of them so they'd work properly.
I’m using the cv100. I had some old school equipment in there and put in 3 air logic units this past spring. After this is when I started having some issues. I guess coincidence but I’m not understanding this one

traveler17

Reaction score
That's a real $hity deal! We use the Fluid Controls CV-100 KR#CVV0013 for years and haven't had to replace in a long time, can't remember when we last had to replace one. There's got to be a problem in at the factory with all those bad heck valves.
Yeah I haven’t had any issues either in the past with them. How is it possible to get so many faulty ones in 2 separate orders. I guess I’ll talk to mfg Monday

Etowah

slash007

Reaction score
A few years ago I bought 20 of them and every single one was defective. I sent them all back and replaced with a different brand.

traveler17

Reaction score
A few years ago I bought 20 of them and every single one was defective. I sent them all back and replaced with a different brand.
What brand did ya go with? I understand some faulty ones here and there but this is ridiculous!!

traveler17

Reaction score
That was my plan first thing tomorrow 👌🏼 Along w getting my money back!!

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
We've used Rego's stainless steel CVs, like forever. With several hundred installed, about the only thing that goes wrong is an easily replaced o-ring.
Expensive? Yes! But, with many approaching 30 years old, I feel that they're 1st money well spent.

OurTown

Reaction score
We've used Rego's stainless steel CVs, like forever. With several hundred installed, about the only thing that goes wrong is an easily replaced o-ring.
Expensive? Yes! But, with many approaching 30 years old, I feel that they're 1st money well spent.

How do those compare to the US Paraplate CVs that are also in that price range?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Or.... you can move all LP from the high pressure gun and put them on a foam gun? No c/v"s needed. I took cantbreak80's advice years ago and run PS and TF on a foam gun. Never an issue! It will make your life so much easier once you get your customers trained!

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
How do those compare to the US Paraplate CVs that are also in that price range?
My experience with Paraplate CVs is less than steller. They're good, but the brass poppets erode over time and the 2 o-rings tend to harden.
The Rego stainless poppets never wear out. I can recall having to replace one spring…many moons ago.

Or.... you can move all LP from the high pressure gun and put them on a foam gun? No c/v"s needed. I took cantbreak80's advice years ago and run PS and TF on a foam gun. Never an issue! It will make your life so much easier once you get your customers trained!
The low pressure foam gun conversion is the Bee’s Knees. We’ve converted almost all our customers to this set-up. The existing hold-outs tend to require more frequent service calls…use less PS and tire cleaner and hear more customer complaints about slow delivery to the trigger gun.
Regardless, our weep systems still require 2 check valves per bay. Regos rule!
IMG_1054_LI2.jpg IMG_1055.jpg IMG_1292 (2).jpg