What's new

Loud music complaints...what to do?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aaah, Mep1. Refusing to tell a little white lie to a customer in order to minimize noise at the wash; interesting. I guess I'm not above telling fibs like that.

If you're supremely honest, I guess you could quote the city noise ordinance; what's the difference?

mikempls

Reaction score
MEP001 I'm sure you have thought of this already, but the message would be almost as effective with out the as per city ordinance language and you wouldn't have to compromise your values. A couple of successful washes in our area use this language, not sure how effective it is for them?

I have been thinking about putting signs like this up because our customers are becoming more divers and our older customers think all loud thumping rap music listeners must be gang members. The only reason I haven't put them up is I don't want to take the fun out of it for the ones that like to listen to music while cleaning their cars. Fortunately we are in a more commercial area and have not had any complaints from our neighbors.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Ah the never ending challenge to out think the troublesome customer. lol I've all but given up on trying to reason with those few who go dumb and didn't see the "No Grease" sign they're leaning against while cleaning that trailer full of trannys. And especially those who argue with the policies as though I don't have a right to run my business my way.

Two days ago I stopped a goober who was about to blast an impressive amount of caked-on grease from his pickup bed. Evidently the more he thought about it the madder he got, and about 2 minutes later he stormed into my equipment room.

Goober: I just want to let you know this is the crappiest car wash I've ever seen.
Me: That could be, but it's my car wash, and I built it in America where when a guy spends his own money on a business he gets to run it his way.
Goober: I'll go down the road where they aren't so #### picky.
Me: I appreciate that, but I know the owner there and I can tell you that he doesn't want your grease there either.
Goober: This is a crappy car wash.
Me: Yes, you said that already. What I don't understand is why you think our signs don't apply to you.

The guy walked off frustrated I could tell. I don't need to reason with morons like that - the sooner I can run off that 1% of my customers who account for 95% of my headaches, the better.