What's new

Lost key to pinlock

Wally

Reaction score
A friend of mine called and asked if I could help him with a meter that has a pin lock and he has lost the key to it. The coins are falling into a secure box but the rotary switch needs tightening. It is looking like it will have to be drilled out. I was thinking someone might know an easier way to go about this and could PM with the solution. It's a Kleenrite box with the lock at the top enclosed in a shield with a fixed pin.

Thanks
Wally

mac

Reaction score
It may not be pretty, but those locks can be popped open easily with a large screwdriver or crow bar.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
If you are talking about where there is a pin and the lock body slides over it, you can take a large sheet metal screw and srew it into the key slot, put a vice grips on the screw and take a hammer and whack the vice grips, down and it will come off.

If you are talking the kind where the key is in a "plug", usually called a plug lock drill it out.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What about the 19 year old bad guys with nothing better to do with their stolen electronic gadgets but surf the web for ways to steal more money to buy more drugs.

Etowah