What's new

Lost $ In Changer ??

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Customer says they lost $20 in Changer - Put in $20 and nothing happened. Hamilton Changers. Next day, Get to wash. Changer not out of order Test with 1's and $20s - Functions fine. No other complaints . What would you do?

Roz

Reaction score
Give them tokens or a wash code since their claim cannot be validated.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I had my one Hamiltons do that a few times. It hasn't done it since I put in the mars validator. I check the hopper count against the bills in the stacker. Used to do it every time I pulled the cash. Since I haven't had issue for a while I just spot check once a month or so.

Randy

Reaction score
What validator are you using? The newer validators depending on the model, version software will steal the bill if the validator can’t reject the bill for some reason the validator will steal the bill and not payout. It does this to prevent the bill from jamming up the bill validator and shutting it down.
It’s a good idea to keep track of how much money your bill changer takes in and how much pays out. We audit our changers 3 times a week when we pull the cash and add coins. Let’s say we take in $255.00 so we should have dispensed 255 dollar coins. If it’s off then there’s a problem somewhere.

MEP001

Reaction score
Customer says they lost $20 in Changer - Put in $20 and nothing happened. Hamilton Changers. Next day, Get to wash. Changer not out of order Test with 1's and $20s - Functions fine. No other complaints . What would you do?
I've seen both Hamilton and Mars acceptors "steal" a bill into the stacker without it cycling or paying out and the changer will continue to work. I have a camera aimed at the changer, and I check the bills against the payout counters. Before I started tracking the bills vs payout, I would offer to mail a check for a refund. Every time the person refused to give their name and address, so I had to assume it was BS and ignored it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thank you for replies. Over the last 10 years any time someone claims to have inserted $ and not gotten a payout I would have to say 99.9% of the time the changer was out of order. Due to extremely rare issues we audit periodically but not constantly. Thy were telling me what a great customer they were - uber driver there several times a week - Offered credit toward washes and they hung up on me.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I have two cameras trained on the changers. One shows the person walking towards them and the other is straight overhead showing the actual transaction. I had a hopper problem with the BC1400 a couple of years ago and the overhead camera supported the customer. Other times I've told the person making the claim that it can be easily verified by checking the cameras. They often say never mind, don't bother.