What's new

Loss of pressure on cat pump

Kool Wash

Reaction score
I'm having some loss of pressure on a brand new cat 5cp pump. Put on a new high pressure regulator thinking that was the issue, checked seals and valves. When the gun is not depressed, pressure is 1400, as soon as you engage trigger you can feel pressure discharge and the psi falls to 800. I cannot get it higher than 800 with trigger pulled. Thoughts and advise? Appreciate any feedback.

slash007

Reaction score
check the nozzle in the bay, if it is old and work it can cause a loss of pressure when the trigger is squeezed.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Other than a very worn tip, is it possible there is an obstruction of water flow to the pump?

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Very likely a faulty weep check valve. A failed weep check valve will leak some water back to the water supply, causing a drop in pressure.

MEP001

Reaction score
Very likely a faulty weep check valve. A failed weep check valve will leak some water back to the water supply, causing a drop in pressure.
If this is the case, when the bay with low pressure is running, the others will weep water.

Kool Wash

Reaction score
I changed the tip and the belt, still no dice. I will check the weep valve and hope it's that as I don't want to start the eliminating process. I'll report when I find this and as always thanks to all who chipped in.