What's new

Loss of a friend in the industry

Reaction score
I worked with Mac at a distributorship in MA, He was a great guy. One of those who always tried to be positive always smiling, He will be missed.Just thought I'd throw this out here in case any fellow friends didn't get the the unfortunate news yet. I believe the services will be Monday 7th. I'll add some links at the bottom to the news articles.

July 3, 2008

To: Friends and colleagues of James (?Mac?) McGrath

We received very shocking and sad news that Jim McGrath of Whitman was struck by a car and passed away yesterday morning. Jim, a longtime member of NECA and former Board member, was well-known in the industry as a man with an easy smile. He will be missed.

At this time, we do not have details about memorial or funeral arrangements We anticipate that details will be published in the Whitman Times and the Patriot Ledger. NECA will send flowers on behalf of the Association and its members.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/whitman/...ed-in-accident-that-killed-Whitman-pedestrian

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
My condolences for the loss of your friend.

I would like to add that this is not the "Mac" here on the forum. That was my first thought when I started reading, but I happen to know "forum Mac" and that's not his name.

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
MAC was an awesome guy. I still can't believe he's gone. I don't recall ever seeing him down or in a bad mood. Even though at times we were friendly competitors, he never made you feel that way. He was one of those people that always made you feel welcome. He was always willing to share his opinions or give advice. I'll miss seeing him around.