What's new

Lorex Cameras

Touchless

Reaction score
I've searched around reading posts and it seems like Lorex is a popular and reliable system. I will be purchasing a new system to replace our existing brand. One question, I'm not seeing anyone mention how easy/difficult it is to save recorded video if needed to send to insurance/police etc. I've only had to save a video twice and the cameras DVR software we have now is awfully difficult and creates very large video files. The Lorex system I'm looking at uses Lorex Cloud app, any input would be great. Thx

Roz

Reaction score
I've searched around reading posts and it seems like Lorex is a popular and reliable system. I will be purchasing a new system to replace our existing brand. One question, I'm not seeing anyone mention how easy/difficult it is to save recorded video if needed to send to insurance/police etc. I've only had to save a video twice and the cameras DVR software we have now is awfully difficult and creates very large video files. The Lorex system I'm looking at uses Lorex Cloud app, any input would be great. Thx
We use Lorex in a few of our washes. Cameras are good, relatively easy to save video. Size of the file depends on the resolution you want to save as we have 4K cameras. We ordered our systems we the largest optional hard drive so we can save 4k video for as many days as possible. Only knock has been the cameras in the IBA bays (they do not seem to weather the water environment well but we purchased the extended warrantee and Lorex has replaced them). They are rated 67 like other cameras - have seen similar issues with other brands too. None seem to do well in an IBA. The issue is with TF IBA, the soft cloth is fine (so it a water issue as TF has water everywhere).

Touchless

Reaction score
We use Lorex in a few of our washes. Cameras are good, relatively easy to save video. Size of the file depends on the resolution you want to save as we have 4K cameras. We ordered our systems we the largest optional hard drive so we can save 4k video for as many days as possible. Only knock has been the cameras in the IBA bays (they do not seem to weather the water environment well but we purchased the extended warrantee and Lorex has replaced them). They are rated 67 like other cameras - have seen similar issues with other brands too. None seem to do well in an IBA. The issue is with TF IBA, the soft cloth is fine (so it a water issue as TF has water everywhere).
That’s interesting about the IBA cameras. Are you using dome or bullets in there? I have domes (we use Geovision) now in all bays with no issues.

Roz

Reaction score
That’s interesting about the IBA cameras. Are you using dome or bullets in there? I have domes (we use Geovision) now in all bays with no issues.
Good point. We use bullets in that system.

For our recent purchase we switched to Lorex domes. In another wash where we use domes, the cameras (Avertx brand prior to knowing about Lorex) last but the domes get foggy after a few years (permanently) from the chemicals if not cleaned often. We try to purchase some extra domes from various sources but no two brands use the same dome system and Avertx does not sell domes alone. Domes probably make more sense.

Touchless

Reaction score
Good point. We use bullets in that system.

For our recent purchase we switched to Lorex domes. In another wash where we use domes, the cameras (Avertx brand prior to knowing about Lorex) last but the domes get foggy after a few years (permanently) from the chemicals if not cleaned often. We try to purchase some extra domes from various sources but no two brands use the same dome system and Avertx does not sell domes alone. Domes probably make more sense.
Ok good to know you were using bullets. I will stay with the domes and will keep in mind the lens’s getting foggy over time. Thanks!

traveler17

Reaction score
Same issue w the IBA

Randy

Reaction score
Just installed one of these underwater cameras in our iba. Sick of burning thru the lorex cameras so fast in there.
How long has it been installed? How's that working out so far?

bert79

Reaction score
How long has it been installed? How's that working out so far?
It has been up about a week. Works great so far! Really great picture. It was tricky to get it set up with having to get the system to acknowledge the IP address. Forum member PrecisionPyro was a HUGE help to me. The last Lorex camera that i had in the same spot (the entrance to a short bay IBA), lasted just over a year before there was so much condensation in the lens. Below is the camera that I am replacing.

Attachments

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Bert79, are you sure it was condensation on the inside of the camera? I haven't had that be a problem. My problem is that the lens etches from the chemicals. If its not too bad, Limeaway will clean it. What I have started to do now is cover the lens with a clear film like "clear bra". You can easily clean the film and if it becomes uncleanable you simply peel off and apply a new little piece of film.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
Randy, did you abandon your Lorex cameras because of this or did you simply need a new system?
These Lorex cameras don't last forever, that's what a lot of poeple seem to think. Some of our cameras are beginning to punk out and are getting a little on the weak side, they've lost that nice sharp image. You get what you pay for is what I'm saying.

OurTown

Reaction score
Our four year old Lorex 2K cameras are not that great anymore and we are thinking of replacing them with something better.

OurTown

Reaction score
Bert79, are you sure it was condensation on the inside of the camera? I haven't had that be a problem. My problem is that the lens etches from the chemicals.

We have both issues in the touchless auto.

bert79

Reaction score
Bert79, are you sure it was condensation on the inside of the camera? I haven't had that be a problem. My problem is that the lens etches from the chemicals. If its not too bad, Limeaway will clean it. What I have started to do now is cover the lens with a clear film like "clear bra". You can easily clean the film and if it becomes uncleanable you simply peel off and apply a new little piece of film.
Yes, unfortunately I am sure that the condensation was on the inside of the bubble protecting the lens. Seems to have happened on all of the lorex cameras that i have installed at the entrance to the iba. One of the problems we have is a short bay so the underbody flush really douses that camera. We have had lorex bullet and turret style in that spot and below is the lorex that i just replaced. It lasted the longest. Just over a year. The stainless underwater cam that we just installed is made for constant submersion and has a real glass lens. Below are the pucs of the camera i just replaced. The condensation inside has since dried.

Attachments

getnbusy

Reaction score
For saving recorded video i just find what im looking for and record the monitor with my cell phone. Makes it super easy to record and send to the cops or insurance company.

Etowah