What's new

Loosing pressure on hot functions ( high pressure soap and wax) coleman hanna super Savor

Reaction score
Hi guys,
One of our pump looses pressure when it goes on hot functions like high pressure soap and wax. These functions water come from hot water tank and its only gravity, no pressure behind it like it is when you go on cold Rinse. Please see the video. My first thought was the check valve under hot water tank is not opening completely so changed it to new one. See pic. Then thought maybe the ball valve is not opening but opened it and it opens completely. I did open the head and saw washed out areas but still decided to change the seals and that helped ( probably temporarily) with getting back to 1200psi on rinse but when it goes to soap/wax it looses pressure asif the pump is being chocked. My next move is changing the head now but thought ask and see if you have had similar experiences. Thanks
My dilemma is if the head is bad, why cold Rinse function is good.

Attachments

Reaction score
Is it possible that air gets to the pump from soap/wax line? Im gonna remove from here in the pic, put a plug and see if fixes the issue.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Looking at the check valve, it's entirely possible the nipple is screwed so far into it that the poppet is opening against the nipple and blocking the flow. I've seen that happen more than once.

I use these check valves and have never had them fail:

It's also possible there's a leak in the tubing or one of the fittings for soap or wax. If the pressure drop is immediate when going from rinse to wax, it's restriction. If it takes a few seconds before the pressure drop it might be air entering the system. It could also be the screen in the tank.

Timmb

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing happening this past summer. Drove me crazy. It was the pressure regulator/unloader. You wouldn't think so because of the different functions. I think it had to do with your holding the wand trigger open while switching functions and that's what made it go to the higher pressure on the rinse cycle. It would shock the sticking regulator to move some giving you the higher pressure. Then if you switched it back to the other functions you would have high pressure until you let off the trigger. Worked for me!

Reaction score
Looking at the check valve, it's entirely possible the nipple is screwed so far into it that the poppet is opening against the nipple and blocking the flow. I've seen that happen more than once.

I use these check valves and have never had them fail:

It's also possible there's a leak in the tubing or one of the fittings for soap or wax. If the pressure drop is immediate when going from rinse to wax, it's restriction. If it takes a few seconds before the pressure drop it might be air entering the system. It could also be the screen in the tank.
Thanks, Im thinking the issue is the check valve as well however its a brand new check valve ( I have changed two of them yesterday). I see that there is a flat screw inside it, is that adjustable? Can I play with it to make it open more? Or opening easier?
Or you mean I have tightened the nipple in this pic too much?

Attachments

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
its a brand new check valve
Never assume that because it's new it's 100% good. I will not use those check valves because of its many possible failure points.
I see that there is a flat screw inside it, is that adjustable? Can I play with it to make it open more? Or opening easier?
No, that's just how it's assembled or can be repaired with a new o-ring.
Or you mean I have tightened the nipple in this pic too much?
It's definitely possible.

Reaction score
problem solved, exactly how you said. The nipple was too much inside the check valve preventing the poppet open 100%. You just saved me $1000 and lots of headache of changing a head. I wish I could send you a gift somehow.
After 7 years still seeing new things. You are the best.

Reaction score
Part of why I like the check valve I linked is because it has thicker walls so it doesn't expand, helps prevent this problem.
Bought the valve today and now I know what you mean. This valve has pin/stem in it vs a plate, so it won’t get stuck on things like nipple when its opening. Pls see the pic.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, and the spring can't come off and jam the valve open, and the seal can't come off and get caught in a valve in the pump. It's better in every way.