What's new

Loop Sensor and Cryptopay

CarWashHelp

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to connect a Cryptopay Swiper to a loop sensor? Our bays currently have loop sensors, and our Dixmor Timers reset when a customer uses cash but not the swiper (we're setup with Count Up mode). Only asking because we have just gotten Cryptopay setup and have already had 4 customers forget to push the stop button, drive off, and the timer keeps charging until the max of $12.00, even though we have instructional signs up.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
It seems like the swiper will only out put data. Meaning swipe a card it outputs data to timer
Push stop button it outputs data to the timer to stop. Have you experimented with a power loss to swiper . Will it stop charges?
If so maybe the loop could reset power to swiper.

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe contact Cryptopay and ask if they can add a pair of wires that can be used to close the button circuit.

I had the same problem when we added in-bay credit card acceptance, but I used a programmable relay to end the transaction when "STOP" is selected. It solved the problem of customers leaving it running.

cap732000

Reaction score
I agree whale of a wash the swiped only outputs data. Mep001 that's a helluva idea on the stop relay!

APW

Reaction score
Maybe contact Cryptopay and ask if they can add a pair of wires that can be used to close the button circuit.

I had the same problem when we added in-bay credit card acceptance, but I used a programmable relay to end the transaction when "STOP" is selected. It solved the problem of customers leaving it running.
Could you explain to me how you did this, I have the same problem. I have two stop buttons. One for cc and the other to stop the function selected.

MEP001

Reaction score
I used a programmable relay and ran every output from the switch to it, then built a ladder program that would briefly close the CC circuit when no output was on for five seconds.