What's new

Looking to purchase a SS Wash

DSOBK

Reaction score
Hello,

My first post here. I am looking at purchasing a 3 Bay Car wash. It has 2 self washes and 1 IBA. The IBA is an older laser 4000. The entire business has not been ran in a few years, but most of the pumps etc. seemed to be in decent shape and was told they all operate. I believe it may cost too much and not worth the headache to get the IBC up and running. Would it be worth it to convert it back to a SS?

The wash is located on a very busy 4 lane road and basically on the corner of an intersection in a city of about 30k and down the road from a city of about 100k pop. The closest Self Wash is about 20 minutes away and that one is hidden and not very well known. The closest tunnel wash is about 15 min away as well.

I will be purchasing the property with cash. Taxes are about 20-25k on the property, which is normal for any property in the area. Will I be able to make do with 3 SS bays? I do not want to spend 100k on a IBC off the bat.

MEP001

Reaction score
I doubt you'd ever make much profit from a 3-bay self serve unless you get it for almost nothing. It's going to take one of your SS bays just to pay the taxes. You'll almost have to fix or replace the IBA equipment. Good news is that you can probably find a good used machine for $30,000 ballpark. A good and well-operated IBA can make over $10k/month.