What's new

Looking for used TM-5 Display

scout

Reaction score
We lost 3 short style TM-5 Bay Box Displays in the mail last fall to be rebuilt by Hi Performance in Denver. They do not have any used to buy--and Kleen-rite sells new---but would be happy to purchase good used units 1 or 2.

any idea,s?

Randy

Reaction score
I’d replace them with a Dixmor LED-6. The LED-6 is made to replace the TM-5 timers. The Dixmor LED-6 timer is a far more superior timer to the TM-5.

If that not an option call the manufacturer of the TM-5 Timer. B & C Electronics http://bce-inc.com/ They went out of production about 15 years ago.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I’d replace them with a Dixmor LED-6. The LED-6 is made to replace the TM-5 timers. The Dixmor LED-6 timer is a far more superior timer to the TM-5.
Don't listen to that Randy guy! :) I have a TM-5 timer I will sale you! You can actually use Coleman bay timers (I have a couple of these also. Some just refurbed.).... they are interchangeable. The TM-5 is a clone I believe? I wouldn't actually say you are "out of date" they still sell the timer. Coleman has also not really overhauled their timer (I guess this is debatable).

But I have some D&S Omega Two timers I sell every once in a while and those are out of service.

Randy

Reaction score
There’s no way I’d buy any used TM series Timers, no matter how cheap they are. I have customer who was fighting with TM timers. He had 2 spares and at any given time he had one in for repair, sometimes both spare. On a busy Saturday morning I get this panicked phone call asking if I had any TM timers, he’s got 2 bays down and no spares. I had 2 Dixmor LED – 6 timers and in an hour he was up and running. He was so impressed that he ordered 3 more Led-6 timer on Monday. He's never used the spare LED-6 Timer he bought.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Randy.... I understand this next statement will sound stupid. But.... That is just the way Coleman timers work? People use these timers in bays and vacs all the time.... Right now. You just have to get them fixed all the time.... I think I have 8-10 broken ones?

I argued with an operator about just trying a Dixmor timer and I was letting him borrow one to see how great they are. He was afraid it was going to burn down his car wash or something? :) Believe me I know your right.... But you will never be able to convince certain people. Even though they are wrong. I was even trying to use basic logic like.... How often do you send your Coleman timers in to get fixed.... Then I try and explain I have had NO PROBLEMS in 9 years with my Dixmor timers. Plus Dixmor support is the best in the industry.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The Timemasters were not that difficult to fix
Display problems-Take apart and resolder the display connection
Wont turn on functions- a large transistor on circuit board to replace.
Then it was bad traces on boards- sometimes falling off the board.
I had set up a transformer with a pigtail so i could work on them-- full time job!
I went to Dixmor---Not even sure what happened to pigtail, and such--Lost my full time job repairing that timer--
Timemasters are not even good for target practice--DO NOT BUY. Even at free, not sure i would take one

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I should confess..... I still use Coleman timers in my vacs. I need to try a Dixmor version though after a couple more timers break.

What is funny.... I switched from the tm5 and Coleman timers to the omega 2 timers and that was an improvement! :) (Wiring is different in the bay.)

After thinking about this.... I think you guys owe me money because I could have sold some timers! LOL :)