Looking for Used PDQ M5

bigleo48

Reaction score
Looking for a used PDQ Laser M5.

Thanks in advance

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Just for grins, what would you be willing to pay for one as percentage relative to replacement cost new?

For example, I have a friend who removed about $50K of Sonny’s dryers and installed a new Protovest system.

The used dryers are less than 3-years old and in like-new condition (clean and ready to ship). The best offer he has to date is less than $10K or less than 20 percent replacement cost new.

I would suspect a used G-5 would command a higher percentage. Yes, No?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Well I suspect its supply and demand. I actually don't see any for sale, so the percentage of new is likely higher. Depending on the machines I was thinking 50%.

I need/want an M5 because I already have one, so having two would make my IBAs identical (so I won't have customers queuing for one over the other and I would able able to spare the same parts).

Lots of G5s available...so I would think they would command less.

Hoser06

Reaction score
Sorry Leo, haven't seen a M5 on carwash consignment for a while (I've been checking regularly for deals on dryers) I agree that matching your existing IBA would be smart for part consistency and customer perception.

Robert, why did your friend remove the Sonny's dryers? Are the Protovest's that more efficient?effective? I ask because I'm looking at replacing a Laser Dri with a Wind Shear or top shot and hope to gain better side drying.
cheers

Etowah

Hoser06

Reaction score
Thanks Robert. Is he happy with the change? Do you happen to know which Protovest system he went with? I don't have any near me to go look at. The Vegas show will be the first time seeing one up close.
-Sorry to hi-jack your thread Leo

cheers