What's new

Looking for the specific name for a water retention barrier for in-bays

D3Dubs

Reaction score
I have dual IBA's. Currently water is coming out of the entrance of the wash bay after each wash. The water runs over the cement and pools where the parking lot meets the lawn. In the summer this isn't so bad other than a puddle and some mud. In the winter the stream of water freezes and makes a hazard. Customers need to walk over the ice to get to the vending and change machines.

I'm looking for a solution to this problem. I was thinking of placing some kind of rubber barrier at the bottom of the garage door. This would need to allow the garage door to close in the winter. Otherwise it could be something on the inside of the doors. It would need to be something like heavy rubber.

The reason the water is coming out is from the air blowers, when the blower gets to the back of the car, the water that is in the bay gets blown out the door.

Anyone run into a similar situation? I'm thinking there might be something purpose built for this but I don't know the specific name to search for.

Thanks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had this issue a few years back. I got one of those bolt-down plastic speed bumps. I ran it through a table saw and ripped the ramp side off, so it would be a blunt 2" tall edge for the water to hit. I also epoxied it to the floor before bolting to keep water from seeping under it. This reduced the cascade of water to just what overspray escaped.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
I had this issue a few years back. I got one of those bolt-down plastic speed bumps. I ran it through a table saw and ripped the ramp side off, so it would be a blunt 2" tall edge for the water to hit. I also epoxied it to the floor before bolting to keep water from seeping under it. This reduced the cascade of water to just what overspray escaped.
great idea, will give this a try, thank you