What's new

Looking for Specialty Equipment Futura Wiring Schematics

Etowah

ALMO

Reaction score
I have an older Futura DDA 3-bay SS unit in my wash. I am having some trouble with the soap and wax mixing and need to locate the wiring schematics to troubleshoot it.

I know they have shut down but was curious to see if anyone had a manual or schematics.

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I would be surprised if it's a wiring issue. Can you describe the problem better? It might be something as simple as debris in a solenoid.

Kleen-Rite has a generic wiring diagram on their site. Futura's pump stands are pretty much the same except for the DPST relay that changes between hot and cold at the Dole valve.

ALMO

Reaction score
Thanks MEP.
In one of the bays, when you put it on 'rinse', wax and soap mix and only comes out.
In another bay, wax doesn't come out in the 'wax' position. I had an electrician come out and tinker with it and he made them this way. Unfortunately, I was not there with him when he was repairing them. My biz partner was and he didn't try them. Now, the electrician is nowhere to be found.

So, that is why I think it is an electrical issue.

boywonder

Reaction score
Why don't you follow the wire from the meterbox to the pump stand to find the right wires. If someones screwed with it, it probably won't match the wiring diagram. Also you could use a voltmeter or a trouble light to find the wire.

MEP001

Reaction score
First rule of self-serve car washes: NEVER let an electrician mess with the low-voltage side. They tend to think they know how stuff works, but they rarely can diagnose and fix a problem.

If I had a good program I could probably draw up the schematic, but it's pretty straightforward. Start with the wire for soap - trace it from the switch to the solenoid. It shouldn't connect to anything else, but it sounds like he's jumpered it with the wax somewhere.