What's new

Looking for someone to install a used laser wash

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
no problem lol I would never use someone that never installed one before thats for sure. I'm in a really small town and a very low car count. so I can't put a new unit in id probably dye before I saw a return lol
I would still recommend passing on the G5 unless you have already purchased it. It was really tweaky to keep running and if you don't have the hands on knowledge or a reliable tech, you're screwed.

rbeach

Reaction score
I would still recommend passing on the G5 unless you have already purchased it. It was really tweaky to keep running and if you don't have the hands on knowledge or a reliable tech, you're screwed.
yeah I keep hearing that I do have another guy that has an m5

FuturaFan

Reaction score
The M5 was developed in response to the G5 in many aspects. There are still several running around here. In my opinion it's a better option than the G5
Correct. Wisconsin has a large amount of PDQ systems. Milwaukee is filled with 4000’s. I would advise looking at a 4000. They are more reliable and have more support, and there are a very very large amount of them still around. @rbeach

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Correct. Wisconsin has a large amount of PDQ systems. Milwaukee is filled with 4000’s. I would advise looking at a 4000. They are more reliable and have more support, and there are a very very large amount of them still around. @rbeach
PDQ is in the process, if they haven't already, of ending support for the 4000. It's an over 25 year old design. New ones haven't been built in at least 15. Pass.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
PDQ is in the process, if they haven't already, of ending support for the 4000. It's an over 25 year old design. New ones haven't been built in at least 15. Pass.
I thought they still supported it. The 4000 was by far their most popular system, most installed system made by PDQ. Milwaukee is like 80% Laserwash 4000. There’s a lot of them out there that have been going strong for well over 15 years which is why I suggested the 4000. Didn’t PDQ discontinue the M5 before the 4000?

washnshine

Reaction score
Right. Anyone interested in a used PDQ should probably look for a used 360. They have been around long enough now to have some people selling them, and they will probably be supported for quite some time.

Zal

Reaction score
there were two 360's available on carwash consignment a week or two ago. Might be worth a look

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I thought they still supported it. The 4000 was by far their most popular system, most installed system made by PDQ. Milwaukee is like 80% Laserwash 4000. There’s a lot of them out there that have been going strong for well over 15 years which is why I suggested the 4000. Didn’t PDQ discontinue the M5 before the 4000?
Negative ghost rider the M5 was built with a newer stainless bridge and redesigned controls JO cabinets and pumpstand. The 4000s set the industry standard for touchfree for Decades. PDQ has already discontinued output cards ect in the JO cabinet and some of the software. I wouldn't instail one unless you had a huge surplus of parts already. I would say 80% or more of operators that had 4000s have been reloading back with washworld machines for years now to have the same kind of Reliability PDQ once had and support.

STXCW

Reaction score
They haven't ended support. What is ending is availability of certain proprietary parts. But there are probably enough used 4000 parts out there. Unless they work like we do. We take units straight to the scrap yard when we replace them.